Talk

Advanced search

Thankyou letters from children for Christmas presents?

(9 Posts)
HollyBollyBooBoo Thu 09-Dec-10 03:18:06

Do you still send 'thankyou' notes from your children for their christmas presents?

I remember doing it as a child and just wonder if I should start doing it for my DD?

Furball Thu 09-Dec-10 08:05:26

I cut off the front of christmas cards and DS writes on the back like a postcard. (same with Birthdays)

He hates doing them (he's 9) but does some a day for a few days.

I think if you're prepared to accept a present you shuld be prepared to just write a quick line to say thank you.

ShoppingDays Sat 11-Dec-10 18:24:16

I think thankyous are always good, and people do notice whether they get them or not.

SnowMuchToBits Sat 11-Dec-10 18:27:40

Ds does (and for his birthday presents) unless he sees the person who has given him the present, and then he thanks them in person. When he was younger I would write a note on his behlf, and he would just write his name at the bottom, but now he writes his thank you notes himself.

MollieO Sat 11-Dec-10 18:29:15

Always, although thankfully ds does them himself now (6).

JingleBelleDameSansMerci Sat 11-Dec-10 18:29:55

DD is only 3, so I write them and she adds her "signature". I hate writing them and will be passing this chore to her as soon as she can write!

pozzled Sat 11-Dec-10 18:32:29

DD is only a toddler, but I always send thank you notes on her behalf, perhaps with a little scribble from her. I do them mainly for people that we don't see over Christmas, friends and more distant relatives. For closer relatives, who see her open her presents, I think a personal thank you is sufficient.

Guitargirl Sat 11-Dec-10 18:38:38

I always send thank-you cards and actually enjoy writing them. My DCs are still little so I write on their behalf. They get given so much from extended family that, to be honest, it can get a little overwhelming and sending a thank you and making a conscious effort to register what each person has given them means that it doesn't all get lost in one blur of presents blush.

Both the DCs have January birthdays so I wait until the end of January and then send Christmas/birthday thank-yous together. Plus it means that I have an excuse to indulge my stationery obsession! grin

I usually put a lot of thought into buying gifts and I do appreciate receiving a thank-you note too - and I notice if one does not come.

zapostrophe Sat 11-Dec-10 19:39:56

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now