Talk

Advanced search

Any veggie/vegan mums (or dads)??

(14 Posts)
Missy8c Mon 26-Oct-09 00:02:29

Hi,
Just thought this might be the right topic board to catch up with other veggie/vegans. Are there many of us here??

cheeseandeyeballsarnie Mon 26-Oct-09 00:20:44

lots about.what did you want to talk about?

Missy8c Tue 27-Oct-09 13:32:55

Well I wanted to share my joy in the first instance My partner is a meat eater and our LO is coming up for 5 months so weaning is on the horizon. We had talked around the subject of whether DD would be veggie or not but the closer it has come the more it has been bothering me. As I see no health benefits from her eating meat, never mind the ethical side, I knew that if my OH had been insistent it would have been a very difficult situation. So anyway, the conversation arose the other day and to my delight OH said he doesn't mind if she eats meat or not. I am so happy. She is going to be veggie!! Of course we have agreed that when she's old enough to understand what meat is and where it comes from, if she decides to eat it we will respect her choice but I'm just so relieved that my OH has been so reasonable about it.

ellokitty Tue 27-Oct-09 19:53:01

I'm veggie and so we made the decision to raise both our DDs veggie (now 6 & 3). Our decision was based on the fact that as meat eaters they would be unlikely to eat quality meat (we tend not to eat it at home) so the only time they would be likely to eat meat would be crappy sausages with god knows what in it. We therefore decided not to give them meat until she was old enough to decide. We do however let them eat fish, just for practical purposes really as at pubs, soft play etc they virtually never offer any decent veggie food. My eldest Dd is almost 6 now, and she is a bright, sporty little girl so it certainly hasn't done her any harm . Hth

sarah293 Tue 27-Oct-09 19:54:47

Message withdrawn

ElenorRigby Tue 27-Oct-09 19:59:29

Ive been veggie for 20 years with a year of vegan too.

Missy8c Tue 27-Oct-09 21:41:58

Cool. I was all set to go vegan when I found out I was pregnant so I'm delaying the transition until I've finished EBF. I am still working on hubby to be. He eats mainly veggie because I do the cooking! lol
Can I ask if you are ethical veggie/vegans or health ones?

GentleOtter Tue 27-Oct-09 21:45:18

Vegetarian for almost 40 years here. I go through vegan phases.
Married to a beef producer.

Missy8c Tue 27-Oct-09 21:52:32

Hey gentleotter. Do you post on another site? Either we've spoken n a veggie thread before or there's another veggie lady married to a beef producer. Now that wpuld be a bizarre coincidence!!!! lol

GentleOtter Tue 27-Oct-09 21:57:26

No, I don't post on other sites. I know of quite a few vegetarians who are married to beef farmers.

Confuzzeled Tue 27-Oct-09 22:08:43

Luckily both dh and me are both veggies. Both our dc will be given veggie food until they are old enough to understand and choose what they want.

LentilsRMe Tue 27-Oct-09 22:25:57

1 vegan Mum, 1 vegan dad, 1 vegan dd!

(1 carnivorous cat)

Devendra Sat 31-Oct-09 19:23:56

Me and DD are veggie and non dairy, DP and DS are vegan.

earlyriser Sat 31-Oct-09 19:30:43

I'm vegan, dd (4) vegan, ds (2) vegan, husband carnivore but no meat cooked in this house (unless atop a pizza and i don't have to touch it!)

Vegan for ethical reasons have been for 19 years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now