Talk

Advanced search

Mooncups again - sorry!

(6 Posts)
FlamingoBingo Sun 11-Oct-09 07:52:03

Period pains last night mean I'll be needing my mooncup again in a week or so.

I think I ought to sterilise it, but I can't remember. I can't find the instructions and I can't find them online either, and I can't find them on MN either (well, have trawled through five mooncup threads so far without finding the answer anyway!).

So - do I need to? If so, how?

Also, I'm still concerned about the problems I had last month. Have I got an extraordinarily short vagina?

It says to wear it low down in the vagina, but that the stem (which I've cut off completely) should be completely inside. But I can't get the whole thing completely inside comfortably without it slipping down and rubbing me, sometimes quite painfully. It sometimes feels like it's actually falling out, and I have to go back to the loo about a million times to fix it.

Occassionally, just occassionally, I can get it right. I guess it's just practice, but does anyone have any thoughts?

malfoy Sun 11-Oct-09 18:46:41

No thoughts but re sterilising I remember someone having her special mooncup pan and another letting it boil dry.

So to sterilise I think boil it for approx 10 mins.

Re your other problem, I have not yet cut off the stem as I am worried I would not get it out. I tend to get mine into position by clenching muscles I didn't evn know I had.

bran Sun 11-Oct-09 19:06:50

I think they recommend boiling it as Malfoy has said. I tend to use half a Milton tablet in a cup full of water and leave for at least 15 mins.

Do you think a different fold might help with inserting it slightly higher up? I found at first that the c-fold would open up too early and I used a punch down fold instead. After about 6 months the silicone got softer and I went back to a c-fold. There are some folds here.

FlamingoBingo Mon 12-Oct-09 17:30:00

Thank you, both. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I only just realised I had responses!

And thank you to RL friend who informed me about the responses wink

Will try a different fold and keep perservering.

Takver Mon 12-Oct-09 18:28:01

Have mentioned this before, but I found the recommended size was too large - wouldn't stay in, turned round sideways etc. Switched to the smaller size & its now fine. (FWIW I am pretty short all over grin )

malfoy Mon 12-Oct-09 20:07:18

I didn't realise there were different folds. Thank you bran. I sort of scrunch it up, shove it up, hope for the best and use muscles I didn't know existed to position it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now