Talk

Advanced search

Help can anyone help me find...

(8 Posts)
rowrowrowyourboat Fri 02-Oct-09 16:33:42

Some where that sells a pannier rack extender so I can use my panniers with the kiddy seat on my bike. I know they are available from Basil in the Netherlands and I have email the UK distributer for Basil over a week ago a haven't heard back. This is the thing/sort of thing I want, this site doesn't deliver outside the Netherlands and I haven't found any others that do either.

Takver Sat 03-Oct-09 20:59:01

Can't help but bumping for you. . .

Could you have front panniers as an alternative?

rowrowrowyourboat Mon 05-Oct-09 15:22:58

I have front suspension on my bike so can't use front panniers as I can't fit a rack, it was the first thing I looked at sad.

BlueChampagne Mon 05-Oct-09 16:37:49

Have you got a good independent bike shop that might help with ideas? Otherwise maybe you need a friend who can weld ... or a Dutch MNer who can send you one.

Have you already got the kiddy seat? When I was looking, there was a Hamax one which had small rear panniers. Or get a front mounted seat?

Good luck!

rowrowrowyourboat Tue 06-Oct-09 10:59:10

I already have the seat, I couldn't afford the Hamax one and their panniers. I did look at the front mounted seats but they only go up to 15kg and DD1 is a big girl and they wouldn't have lasted the year, she's now just turned 2 and is already over 14.3kg. And I was pregnant when I got the seat so there wouldn't have been much room grin

BlueChampagne Wed 07-Oct-09 15:52:46

Does it have to be a pannier rack? What about a front basket?

rowrowrowyourboat Wed 07-Oct-09 19:25:41

I already have a front basket, which normally takes the changebag/my handbag and I used my panniers (when just had the trailer) for shopping, swimmimg kit or whatever.

peanutbutterkid Sat 10-Oct-09 19:36:40

You may be able to fix a barbag to the back of the seat, easily gives you more carriage. That and wearing a backpack (and tying a jumper or jacket around your waist) ought to be enough luggage for most around town trips.

I have DC do things like sit (in the bikeseat) on their spare nappy and wipes, too.

Front panniers + rear child seat = very unstable, ime, btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now