Talk

Advanced search

2nd cycle using mooncup - little problems need ironing out - help please!

(5 Posts)
FlamingoBingo Tue 15-Sep-09 23:09:13

Ok, getting it out is easy.

Putting it in is easy.

But getting it in the right position and, more importantly, to stay in the right position is another matter!

I've had to trim the whole stem as it was digging in. I try to put it in as far as it will go, but it sometimes ends up moving down a bit to where I can feel it, which is fairly uncomfortable.

After a few goes messing around with it, it's usually fine, but I do have to go back to the loo several times first sometimes. How can I get it right first time? Is it just practice I need?

Also, I am getting tiny leaks - not like overflowing leaks. Not sure what to do about those either.

Can anyone help?

Bleatblurt Tue 15-Sep-09 23:13:17

I find I only leak if it's in too high, but you are saying it's uncomforable low down. Hmmm, I don't know really. I do think it is just going to take a bit more practice. My first few months I was very leaky until I found what worked for me.

Sorry, I'm no help, am I?! blush

beatiebow Tue 15-Sep-09 23:20:20

I have the same problems, alas no answers either. It IS a lot better than when I started though (and only a dot of a leak on occasion).

I have found it goes in at odd angles sometimes. Wish I could see what was going on down there!

DubyahDotHoochieMomma Tue 15-Sep-09 23:38:07

Message withdrawn

FlamingoBingo Wed 16-Sep-09 08:05:57

Yes I am dubyah.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I guess it's just time then.

When it's in properly and it's working, I love it - I'm chuffed to bits that I'm comfortable and strangely delighted when I find loads of blood in it blushgrin

But when it's not in comfortably, I'm nearly in tears with all the going backwards and forwards from the loo to sort it out sad

Just got to trust that it's practice makes perfect I guess! Maybe I need to wear it every day for a month so I'm all practiced ready for the next period hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now