Talk

Advanced search

I've never wished my period on myself before but I am strangely excited by the arrival of my new minkee reusable sanitary towels

(6 Posts)
ChairmumMiaow Tue 14-Jul-09 14:20:24

I know that is strange, but its true. They look very comfortable, perhaps a bit narrow but not too bulky. I only bought a few to try but now they have arrived I feel a bit sad that I have to put them away for a few weeks! (although it was my first period in over 2 years and OMG I hated it!)

Anyway, please feel free to take the piss...

hippipotamiHasLost48lbs Tue 14-Jul-09 14:22:53

Linky? Am fed up with throwing sanitary towels in the bin but just know there is no way I could be friends with a mooncup.

So tell me more, am interested smile

ChairmumMiaow Tue 14-Jul-09 14:31:03

hippi - they are from nappiesbyminki.co.uk but there are various other sorts recommended by mumsnetters if you do a search for relevant threads. I liked the look of the ones I got as they are fleece topped and I know that fleece draws moisture through it (from using fleece liners for DS's nappy)

I have no idea how well they will perform but I don't use disposable nappies on DS so why should it be any harder to wash a few sanitary towels. DH doesn't mind if he has to wash them!

hippipotamiHasLost48lbs Tue 14-Jul-09 14:36:38

Brilliant, thank you, will do a search smile
I used washable nappies with both babies but disposable sanitary towels for me - work that one out hmm

girlandboy Wed 22-Jul-09 14:35:10

I've got a Minki pad from Wee Notions.

It's just like velvet and very comfy. Far nicer than a sweaty bit of paper and plastic wedged between your legs.

Far nicer.

pinknosedevereux Tue 25-Aug-09 23:00:10

You will think me a complete hippy, but about a year ago I made myself some washable pads. They are brilliant and comfy and wash just fine I got the pattern off the old interweb(can't remember the site) but would never go back why spend all that money just to fill the bin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now