Talk

Advanced search

Bike trailers - fancied a Chariot Cougar but all sold out - any other suggestions?

(21 Posts)
nozmum Tue 27-Jan-09 22:32:17

Can anyone recommend a good safe non annoying bike trailer for my DDs 2 yrs and 9 months? We have sold our car and will be using the trailer daily so can make a decent investment for the right thing..e.g roll-over hitch and the like.. I did fancy a Chariot Cougar (cute and cool!) but can't seem to find any stockists with availabilty at the mo and nothing much on ebay - we are east midlands (if anyone owns a bike shop!) and need it ASAP really- anyone tried Burleys?
Thanks for advice

PuzzleRocks Wed 28-Jan-09 10:15:36

Bumping for you.

madwomanintheattic Wed 28-Jan-09 10:22:20

i've got one for sale....

red, a couple of years old, but like new...

grin

madwomanintheattic Wed 28-Jan-09 10:24:24

in hampshire though - I haven't got CAT at the mo as i may have left and had to reregister, but if you can let me have an e-mail address i can e-mail you some photos and see if you're interested...

grin

imaginewittynamehere Wed 28-Jan-09 10:38:58

We have a burley cub which is a few years old. I don't use it daily but it is easy to use & comfortable for dd.

We chose it as it was hard bottomed which I considered safer & haven't regretted the choice

nozmum Wed 28-Jan-09 19:34:16

thanks madwomanITA
try becsims@gmail.com

madwomanintheattic Thu 29-Jan-09 11:06:41

no worries, will e-mail tonight once i have found pics etc (or got dh to download some more lol)

lljkk Thu 29-Jan-09 14:14:26

Burley (?Burleigh) are all well regarded.
We have a Chariot Cougar, it is lousy for more than a few small bags, Burley is better (more room for luggage). Chariot Captain (the solid bottom one) is better for daily city use and has more luggage space than the Cougar, too (I think!)

Wike makes good ones, Danish make (?Dolphin) also good, but quite dear.

To be honest, we had a relatively cheap bike trailer and it was fine for us, too; given the cost difference, I don't see anything wrong with using a cheap one for as long as possible, as long as it's waterproof.

Kinetics may have a Cougar in stock.

Takver Thu 29-Jan-09 14:52:36

I would avoid the cheap soft bottomed Burley trailers (the Burley Bee perhaps?) - I've borrowed one and it was clearly made down to a budget and didn't look like it would stand up to any heavy use.

imaginewittynamehere Thu 29-Jan-09 15:50:07

Just read that you are in east midands, we bought our burley cub second hand from the bike shop at Whitwell on Rutland water, they also hire them out as well as selling them new so might be a good place to visit - hiring one for a cycle around would soon show you if you could live with it or not too

madwomanintheattic Mon 02-Feb-09 18:10:19

nozmum - have e-mailed you details...
dh has pointed out though, that it is the single chariot we have that is the cougar lol. the double that i'm trying to flog is the chauffeur cts. (we used to have a cavalier as well - can you tell we like chariots lol? i wish they didn't all begin with c - it would make my life a lot easier...) grin
sorry for confusion!

mrsgboring Mon 02-Feb-09 18:15:11

I have a Burley (soft bottomed Bug) and like it very much, but would definitely say hard bottomed is the way to go for heavy use.

Burley is the brand used at Centerparcs - I'm assuming this is a good indicator, since their trailers must take a fair bit of punishment.

JustKeepSwimming Mon 02-Feb-09 18:18:33

We would really like a Burley (DH wants the D'Lite one?) but i haven't found a good stockist. We're in Essex. Anyone know of one nearby?

We used the ones at Center Parcs and liked them (they are Burley but not the D'Lite). Don't know why Dh wants the different one.

srobo2 Wed 11-Feb-09 18:34:29

Hi Madwomanintheattic - do you still have your Chariot stroller for sale?

ZakBonnie Mon 15-Jun-09 14:48:12

Does anybody have a hard bottomed 2 seater childrens bike trailer that they wish to sell. We have just been on a Centre Parcs Holiday and used a Burley Cub, however, I have also heard Croozer and Trek are great makes. We are based in Hampshire. Many thanks

lljkk Sat 20-Jun-09 12:48:12

Try Ebay, ZakBonnie

BikerDad Thu 27-Aug-09 00:18:24

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are selling our Burley Cub Trailer.

Kids don't wanna see it go, but they're too big for it now really.

It's in almost new condition, and can be seen here.

I'll try and answer any questions about Burley Cub trailers if asked.

Best Rgds, Dave & Julia

ADadInDisguise Wed 20-Jul-11 14:37:06

We're torn between Burley Cub and Burley D'Lite - having burley hitches already fitted to our bikes for a cargo trailer.

Cub - solid based, heavier, stronger, small wheels, look like it would do better in the wet.

D'Lite - soft based, light, big wheels and canvas would give a smoother ride?

DarrellRivers Wed 27-Jul-11 09:45:20

Am bumping this thread as am having a similar dilemma

Is it better to go for the solid base overall?
Would be planning to use several times a week for school run often in the rain

Has anyone got the Bee and found it stood up to regular use?

Elainemac Fri 29-Jul-11 17:32:59

Hi, I'm looking for a chariot or Burley but can't afford to buy one new, does anyone know where I can find a reasonable second hand one?

DarrellRivers Fri 29-Jul-11 20:16:02

ebay is your best bet, although they still seem to be pricey

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now