Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recipe for good all-purpose spray cleaner?

(10 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Thu 18-Sep-08 15:04:40

I currently use SquirtEco for most cleaning jobs and I really like it butI am just wondered if anyone has a "recipe" to make something similar myself?

thehouseofmirth Fri 19-Sep-08 17:38:52

Bumpety Bump

mumdebump Fri 19-Sep-08 19:43:44

Have just made a vinegar & water mix with a drop of lavender oil to make it smell nicer. Put it in a empty squirt eco bottle and relabelled it. Seems to work just as well as squirt eco on the kitchen surfaces.

moodlumthehoodlum Fri 19-Sep-08 19:51:39

I don't have a recipe or anything, but the method lavender all purpose cleaning spray is brilliant.

hazeyjane Fri 19-Sep-08 20:04:35

I have just started using the Method all purpose spray, it is great and smells lovely.

I also mix a few drops of tea tree oil in water, in a spray bottle and use it on things like mildew ( our house is really damp! ) and as an antibacterial spray.

mumdebump Fri 19-Sep-08 20:07:15

Good idea, I might add some tea tree oil too.

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 20:08:44

ditto vinegar and water with tea tree.

dump bicarb over things like baked on hob stains/inside of ovens, plop on ome vinegar, watch it fizz and wipe away...grin

expatinscotland Fri 19-Sep-08 20:11:02

liquid soap nuts with a few drops of a blend of essential oils called 'anti bacterial' from Abbey Botanicals.

sagacious Fri 19-Sep-08 20:12:08

I use castille liquid soap dr bronners and water in a squirty bottle

Lalisa Sun 21-Sep-08 19:11:12

I do 50/50 vinegar/water plus about 10 drops of essential oil, plus one small squirt of ecover dishwashing liquid in a spray bottle. works great. I use cinnamon and orange oil in the kitchen, but for bathrooms I tend to go with more antisceptic tea tree or peppermint.

Also like Nobless, scrub hob with bicarb, then spray with my vinegar spray to make it shine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now