Talk

Advanced search

could someone point me in the right direction please

(13 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 14-Sep-08 10:06:57

I am just discovering the joy of re-useable nappies, which got me to thinking about washable sanitary products. Could someone point me in the direction of a begginers guide type thing on the internet please, if there's something along those lines out there. Tia smile

TigerFeet Sun 14-Sep-08 10:08:58

Well I don't know much about washable sanitary products but loads of people on here, myself included, swear by their mooncups

lucysmam Sun 14-Sep-08 10:12:50

Brilliant, cheers TigerFeet, I will investigate once I'm sat with a cuppa smile

Nappyzoneneedssleep Sun 14-Sep-08 10:15:04

Weenotions do reusabel sanitary protection (san pro) and i think bumfluff may stock them too..... you have the link for mooncups which are fab....

nannyL Sun 14-Sep-08 10:28:05

i have a moocup and a selection of products from moonrabbits and minki

the mink ones are my favourites to be honest and i find the fleece stain much less than the cotton topped.... but its more that fleece leaves no mark whatsoever where as the cotton is just a light mark, so not worth worrying about really.

I love not filling landfill sites with disposable stuff smile

lucysmam Sun 14-Sep-08 10:58:51

can you not feel the mooncup?

Thanks for links nannyL, should keep me occupied until my lo has finished paddying because I won't let her use her high chair as a toy

nannyL Sun 14-Sep-08 11:30:39

if inserted correctly you cannot feel a mooncup smile

girlandboy Sun 14-Sep-08 17:21:28

I've got a mooncup (which I love) and also some washable pads from here which are absolutely fab. I use the mooncup for my heaviest days and then move onto the pads for the lighter ones - just a personal preference. However I have used the mooncup for the whole week and it was brill. You can forget that you're on your period, just empty it at bedtime and once again when you get up in the morning.

If you look at the above website then there are the FAQ section which should answer anything you want to know.

I love the mooncup and my pads - I feel totally self sufficient. The only trouble is, I am getting a bit addicted to Lunawolf's website, cause she has such fab fabric. Beware!!!! grin

lucysmam Sun 14-Sep-08 20:53:27

well now I really don't know what to get!

For starters all of the pads are so pretty! (seems a bit wrong to say that but they are!) & more reasonably priced than I thought they would be.

Also liking the idea of just having to empty and wash out the mooncup though, although my oh isn't too happy about me thinking about spending £20 in one go instead of the usual £2 on a box of Asda tampons

If you were buying, would you get a couple of pads to try out & a mooncup maybe to see which works better for you? Or get one or the other & if that doesn't suit get whichever you didn't get in the 1st place?

girlandboy Sun 14-Sep-08 22:48:29

I got the mooncup first, then because I couldn't quite get the hang of it straight away it leaked a little bit, (though it doesn't anymore). Had to resort to disposable pantiliners which were HORRIBLE. Nasty and plasticky and stinky. So I ordered a couple of liners from Lunawolf and was really impressed. NOT nasty and plasticky or stinky - just soft, breathable and non-stinky.

Then, checked her website and saw more pretty liners, so treated myself to a couple more. Dd saw them, and wanted to kit herself out in readiness for her periods starting (she's 12). So bought pads for her. Liked what I saw and decided to get a couple for me as well. And so it goes on............

Now I use whichever ones take my fancy - mooncup or pads, depends on my mood!!!

Incidentally, dh is in blissful ignorance of any of this, and hasn't even noticed the liners/pads when they are on the washing line!

Seabright Sun 14-Sep-08 23:16:27

Another vote for mooncups - they are fab!

mawbroon Sun 14-Sep-08 23:19:39

Another mooncup convert here.

lucysmam Mon 15-Sep-08 09:59:37

really girlandboy!? mind you, my oh is not that observant either.

Seems like everyone's quite keen on the mooncup, so, based on that I will order one ready for my next period. Thanks for the help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now