Talk

Advanced search

Why doesn't Ecover have the EU Eco-friendly label?

(17 Posts)
Highlander Tue 09-Sep-08 09:42:50

have bought some Simply Washing pods from Sainsbury's as they have the award. Quite like the smell (miss that weith everything else).

Have always used Ecover - but why isn't there powder as 'green'?

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 09:50:44

Explanation here

"Nothing is wrong with the EU Eco-label. We admit that the EU Eco-label criteria are strict, but just not strict enough for Ecover." So ecover is actually greener apparently...

It's all much too complicated for my tiny brain grin

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 09:52:34

Message withdrawn

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 09:53:06

(I buy Simply now - look, it's good enough for the scientists in the Antarctic!)

Marina Tue 09-Sep-08 09:55:40

Highlander, Fio - does Simply Washing shift stains though?
We use a lot of Ecover products but not their USELESS laundry wash...

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 09:57:22

It's very good, Marina - we use the sensitive mostly, & pure for DS1 (who is an extra sensitive flower) & they both wash better than the supermarket own-brands (though not as well as Ariel)

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 09:57:25

Message withdrawn

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 09:58:25

Message withdrawn

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 10:00:10

We haven't got a co-op, I always have to get it mail-order - but if you buy 4 at a time you can get a side order of dishwasher tabs thrown in which effectively knocks £1.25 off each tub.

FioFio Tue 09-Sep-08 10:02:19

Message withdrawn

Marina Tue 09-Sep-08 10:03:44

Ah, you mentioned the "A" word Wendy. So it's good, much better than Ecover (not hard, I might as well have washed dd's trews in a mud solution hmm), but not as good as Ariel Sensitive, alas.
We do have a Co-op so I might give SW a try after such glowing reviews and see how we get on. The dcs don't tend to trash their schooliforms like they used to, although ds appears to have brushed his sweatshirt as well as his teeth with Colgate this morning. Thanks!

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 10:24:40

Well when I say mail order I mean online, fio - here - and it comes next day (or 2 days if you order late).

Also they use fantastic thick sturdy cardboard boxes to send it which are dead useful smile

WendyWeber Tue 09-Sep-08 10:26:34

Marina, have just noticed your schooliforms, what a superb creation grin

Marina Tue 09-Sep-08 11:24:39

Lauren Child, not me! It's good though, I agree, and has entered our family lingo as a great nickname for the Teflon Tyranny

Madwelshwoman Tue 09-Sep-08 14:05:26

Can I say that if you have a Farmfoods near you then Simply washing is only about £1.80 a tub, I buy all mine from there

Highlander Wed 10-Sep-08 11:46:40

Have to admit I always put a smidge (half the recommended amount) of Vanish powder in every wash with my Ecover.. Even the Persil/Ariel stuff never shifted stains

Having used the Simply pods for a few washes now, I'm finding the smell quite overpowering! Will try cutting down to 1 pod.

WendyWeber Wed 10-Sep-08 13:04:21

Have you got the biological ones, Highlander? The Sensitive have a much fainter smell & the Pure no smell at all.

I also use a combo of Sainsburys Gentle & Comfort Pure fabric rinse & my washing always smells lovely - clean & fresh but not overpowering smile

LOL at smidge - that's my sort of measurement!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now