Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to recycle a wooden conservatory/summer house?

(12 Posts)
Pannacotta Mon 08-Sep-08 11:05:10

There is one in our garden which we dont use and want to remove. It has a wooden frame, singel glazed glss windows and a polycarbonate roof. Quality seems ok, not amazing, but not rubbish either.
Just wondering if it'd be possible to take it apart carefully and offer it on freecycle rather than bunging it all into a skip, and if so if it would be v pricey to remove it carefully?
Any thoughts?
I don't like sending large amounts of buidling materials to landfill and we cant re-use it ourselves.

Fennel Mon 08-Sep-08 11:07:10

Definitely freecycle it, there will be people who can come and take it apart themselves and take it away. You don't necessarily have to do the hard bit yourself.

Pannacotta Mon 08-Sep-08 11:08:39

DO you think so Fennel? That would make life much easier for us, thought it might be too much of an ask...

chapstickchick Mon 08-Sep-08 11:08:57

our freecycle often has stuff like that on it - i bet you can have rid of it by tea time lol - why dont you want it?? id love one sad

Pannacotta Mon 08-Sep-08 11:12:42

It's in a really odd place in the garden - want to make a patio there as it get's the evening sun but we cant with the summer house thingy there.
Am bit scared of freecycle, all those emails and faff trying to log on, but will give it a go.

terramum Mon 08-Sep-08 17:20:29

Defo freecyle....or put a notice up at your local allotments...you'll find most plot holders would be very happy with something they can mcgyver into a greenhouse grin

EachPeachPearMum Mon 08-Sep-08 17:22:48

sorry- Hijack- chapstickchick hey- you did a profile! grin Nice to see you!

OP- I echo freecycle- mention that they have to dismantle it too.

chapstickchick Mon 08-Sep-08 22:34:47

lol peachy i finally got round to it .....i got loads to put on but it takes ages - i think your little girl is beautiful envy

cremolafoam Mon 08-Sep-08 22:41:21

oh i wish you were near me.i need glass to patch up a greenhouse, a bit of timber to fix up dd's tree house and we could build a polytunnel out of the polycarbonate roof.

deff. freecycle.We have dismantled two sheds in our time on behalf of little old ladies.

Pannacotta Tue 09-Sep-08 17:42:32

cremolafoam whereabouts are you?

cremolafoam Wed 10-Sep-08 11:57:50

n ireland
hmm

cremolafoam Wed 10-Sep-08 11:59:16

n ireland
hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now