Talk

Advanced search

I struggle between making the right moral decision and liking the alternative - does anyone else?

(4 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 29-Aug-08 18:26:58

My main example for this is Tescos

I shouldn't shop there, they have far to much market share and some questionable methods.

But I really like shopping there, I like my CC/phone/petrol station it makes my life really easy

This is a conflict I won't resolve (I could resolve it either way, I just won't)

Does anyone suffer with conflicts like this?

Tommy Fri 29-Aug-08 18:29:45

I have decided that I don't buy food at Tesco as I buy everything else there - clothes, house stuff, presents and cards etc. blush

I think it's definitely a tricky one as the supermarkets have such a hold over us. I would like to buy at "independent" shops like we're always being told to but they're aren't any near me and it would mean my travelling miles in a car to find some.

KatyMac Sat 30-Aug-08 12:23:07

I agree - & my farmers markets are only open 1 or 2 Saturdays a month

Takver Sat 30-Aug-08 17:56:48

Maybe worth challenging Tescos over stuff you don't like - as a regular customer you are valuable to them, they have to listen if enough customers make a fuss . . .
I am the same with Amazon - feel I should support small bookshops, but such a good selection and sooo easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now