Talk

Advanced search

What's the best way to deal with flys?

(9 Posts)
3Ddonut Mon 21-Jul-08 16:46:34

My dh is so keen to spray that awful noxious stuff around the house, we've had sticky things before, but he doesn't seem keen to wait long enough for them to fly onto one! Any ideas?

ShowOfHands Mon 21-Jul-08 16:48:38

Am watching avidly. I refuse to use that spray but we're having horrendous problems getting rid of them. We live on a farm and they've just put manure down. It's a nightmare.

butwhybutwhy Mon 21-Jul-08 16:49:41

Febreeze works a treat as I found out a few days ago grin

Seabright Mon 21-Jul-08 17:18:13

I had a lot of flies in one room (no idea to this day why - nothing had died in there) and I used those things you stick on the window (looks like a pretty picture of a sunflower) and closed the door. It did the trick. No idea about how ethical it is though.

3Ddonut Mon 21-Jul-08 17:18:59

hmm, still pongy yacky stuff though.... I wonder if anyone has any magic a bit of this essential oil with water type remedies....

butwhybutwhy Mon 21-Jul-08 18:10:04

Oh yes, it stinks to high heaven.

Tbh any strong essential oil should work and just spray the little buggers.

3Ddonut Tue 22-Jul-08 14:27:46

Yeah, I'll give it a go, choose something nice, and calming, lavender? then they'll die chilled out!!! Love the name by the way, mother to a four year old by any chance???!!!!

butwhybutwhy Wed 23-Jul-08 10:14:51

Lol, yes I am grin

How on earth did you guess.

I've got a bottle of clary sage which I got to bring on labour.
Try something like that. Its enough to kill a human being never mind a fly.

Bramshott Wed 23-Jul-08 10:22:07

I prance round with a flyswat regularly - you get a real buzz when you splat one of the buggers! DD1 (5) even enjoys it - "I've deaded a fly mummy"!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now