Talk

Advanced search

Soapnuts.....which is the cheapest supplier?????

(6 Posts)
girlandboy Sun 20-Jul-08 19:52:28

I want to buy some more soapnuts. The last lot I bought were from Lakeland, but I think they were a bit pricey. Who does the cheapest do you think????

jumpingjojo Sun 20-Jul-08 20:00:27

Hi,

We bought some from www.inasoapnutshell.com

They cost £7 for 500g which includes delivery. Still on the bag we bought at the begining of the year ( though there is only the 2 of us at the moment, probably go through them quicker one LO arives )

Jo

girlandboy Sun 20-Jul-08 20:03:04

Thanks for that! There's 4 of us and a never ending mountain of laundry, but I like the soapnuts and feel all virtuous and smug that I actually made some household cleaner with it and put it in a spraybottle (as well as doing the laundry).

Monkeytrousers Mon 21-Jul-08 19:38:12

What are soap nuts?

jumpingjojo Mon 21-Jul-08 21:58:16

They are nuts that grow on trees in India / Nepal and its the shells that have a natural soap effect when wet. Have a look at the website I quoted earlier for a better description. You can use them in your laundry instead of normal washing powder and its much cheaper and better for the environment. Though a separate stain remover is sometimes needed.
We keep meaning to make up a solution but haven't got around to it. It's meant to be a great shampoo too

girlandboy Mon 21-Jul-08 22:36:53

Not tried it yet as shampoo, but it's brill as a kitchen/bathroom surface cleaner.
Apparently you can use them in the dishwasher too, but I've not tried that either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now