Talk

Advanced search

Two things about cleaning

(15 Posts)
MadameCheese Sun 20-Jul-08 16:53:19

Firstly how do I get my bath nice and clean (we are in a hard water area)? Secondly has anyone tried the new co-op eco range and if so how do they rate compared with ecover products?

LittleMyDancingForJoy Sun 20-Jul-08 16:57:46

I tried the new Ecover bathroom cleaner (it's in a spray bottle), hadn't used it before, and it's fab. We're in a very hard water area and it is very effective.

Not tried the co-op though, sorry.

MadameCheese Sun 20-Jul-08 17:01:05

Used that loads but it seems to do BA!

JackieNo Sun 20-Jul-08 17:04:22

I like the Method stuff, but not sure whether it's all talk, or really eco-friendly. I noticed the other day that Oxfam does a range of cleaners etc, but haven't tried them.

LittleMyDancingForJoy Sun 20-Jul-08 17:10:34

Oh. seems to work on our bathroom, or maybe I'm not very fussy grin

MadameCheese Sun 20-Jul-08 17:15:31

Believe me I am a scum queen but feel it would be good to put DS in a relatively clean bath

LittleMyDancingForJoy Sun 20-Jul-08 17:15:58

Amazing how DCs cause one to raise one's standards, isn't it?

MadameCheese Sun 20-Jul-08 17:19:01

Ha ha! His room is the cleanest in the house!

specialmagiclady Mon 21-Jul-08 21:17:00

And then lower them right down again. My house is a fucking tip now there are two of them. Little shits.

specialmagiclady Mon 21-Jul-08 21:17:52

I'm obviously feeling really positive! Vinegar and bicarb is amazing, truly. Especially on taps. Vinegar on limescale is a truly miraculous thing.

MadameCheese Mon 21-Jul-08 21:19:18

Ace, what just shove it straight on?

Lionstar Mon 21-Jul-08 21:19:38

I find a white vinegar solution and a microfibre cloth gets my bath sparkling (very hard water area). Also use the Ecover limescale cleaner for hard to get areas around taps and that works well too.

ilovemydog Mon 21-Jul-08 21:20:53

astonish is quite good.

specialmagiclady Mon 21-Jul-08 21:28:34

Make up a paste with the bicarb. I have a 50/50 vinegar and water solution that I use for general cleaning and it's great on chrome. You do have to dry it though.

If you get a cleaning grade one rather than an eating grade vinegar, the smell isn't as strong so you don't have a bathroom that smells of chip shop.

sushistar Thu 24-Jul-08 00:44:14

For soap scum in the bath NOTHING beats regular ecover washing up liquid. It works better than the bathroom spray! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now