Talk

Advanced search

Where is the best place to advertise second-hand furniture for sale?

(9 Posts)
girlywhirly Sat 19-Jul-08 10:02:30

DH and I have two dining sets we want to sell, but have had no interest (not even a phone call). One set is circular pedestal table and four chairs from Ikea originally, the other a 1960's teak extending table and four chairs, plus a sideboard/drinks cabinet. We have tried repeatedly advertising in local papers, internet advertising to reach a wider audience, even a London firm dealing in retro furniture for the 1960's stuff and nothing. Is our only hope ebay?

pgwithnumber3 Sat 19-Jul-08 10:16:11

I would say Ebay is your best bet but there is a lot of competition. I have just tried to sell these this sofa with a matching armchair for just over half price (it is only 7 months old) and nothing!

Good luck!

SofiaAmes Sun 20-Jul-08 03:17:37

www.gumtree.com or www.craigslist.org
Go to the page for your local city.

Califrau Sun 20-Jul-08 03:43:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SofiaAmes Sun 20-Jul-08 05:19:47

Actually they have sites all over now, but they aren't anywhere as popular as in the usa. I've used the London site for getting tenants and selling furniture (usually to Americans). And the Italian sites for finding vacation apartments.

Califrau Sun 20-Jul-08 06:08:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SofiaAmes Sun 20-Jul-08 06:51:59

There is also www.kijiji.com which I have just discovered is the same as gumtree in the uk. It's called kijiji elsewhere. My mother has an apartment in Rome for sale and she's having great success advertising it on kijiji.

girlywhirly Mon 21-Jul-08 08:30:42

Thanks everyone for replying. Will look into gumtree.com.

kygoh Tue 22-Jul-08 05:40:21

Anybody interested in getting a few study chairs, small heater, toaster,microwave oven, sandwich maker, milkshake maker, cooler, lampstand and some pots/pans for $300 AUS ??
please email :
jessicagoh@hotmail.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now