Talk

Advanced search

DD2 wants to be school recycling officer, ideas please...

(6 Posts)
MindingMum Wed 09-Jul-08 17:12:15

DD2 (10) and I have put some ideas together for her to take to school because she wants to be elected as the recycling proficiency officer.

She has written that she has lots of new ideas on how to encourage people who are new to recycling.

I'm really impressed with the start she has made to her campaign smile, explaining why it is important to recycle, saying that she is part of a big family and thus making her more aware of the need to not waste things and giving some basic recycling ideas.

Does anyone have any ideas of what else she can include - recycling ideas, ways to save energy that would appeal to 10/11 year olds, things about recycling that people may not know etc?

TIA

maidamess Wed 09-Jul-08 17:20:42

We have bins in our playground to collect the fruit peel etc from playtime, its the monitors job to deposit on the compost heap.

Also teabags from staff room.

There are little cubes by each classroom door, everytime the class remembers to turn the lights off when they leave a cube goes in the pot. The classes could have a competition.

Could she put forward the idea of bike or scooter racks?

Sam100 Wed 09-Jul-08 17:24:55

We have a collection box at school for used cartridges and mobile phones - the PTA gets money back twice a year for all the cartridges collected.

MindingMum Wed 09-Jul-08 17:28:30

Excellent maidamess - thank-you, that's just the sort of thing I wanted.

Sam - that's a really good one because it's not only green but the school benefits finiacially

maidamess Wed 09-Jul-08 17:30:06

We are having a GREEN DAy tomorrow, funnily enough. thye children are wearing green clothes, bringing in junk for modelling and for the whole day we are going to try not to use any electricity!

(I am not looking forward to being in the staff room at coffe break time....maybe I'll bring a flask!)

MindingMum Wed 09-Jul-08 20:22:24

Does anyone have any ideas what she could say to in particular that would impress as she is so keen to be elected and the competition is fierce? wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: