loader

Talk

Advanced search

'Green' wedding in Cornwall

(15 Posts)
yorkshirepudding Fri 14-Sep-07 13:29:25

Message withdrawn

Moomin Fri 14-Sep-07 13:32:12

agree - all except the marquee 'decorations'. That's a bit too home-made, even for me grin

(brings back memories of my mum making us kids decorate egg boxes and wear them as party hats in the 70s [[shudder]] blush)

Moomin Fri 14-Sep-07 13:33:42

LOL at my 'shudder' looking as if it's a link!! sorry, it's not it's just me being stupid

Plus I didn't realise there wasn't a pic of the decorations. I just saw them on bbc breakfast this morning

yorkshirepudding Fri 14-Sep-07 13:34:05

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Fri 14-Sep-07 13:36:35

Why not go for vintage wedding rings? Easily enough melted down and fashioned into something new. Or vintage wedding dress and decorations. I think I'd have gone retro on it.

Moomin Fri 14-Sep-07 13:41:30

the flowers looked ok actually - just like carnations (although I don't like carnations anyway)...

the decorations looked a like a cross between the Blue Peter advent crown and multi-colured hair extensions

yorkshirepudding Fri 14-Sep-07 13:41:53

Message withdrawn

MaeWest Fri 14-Sep-07 13:42:03

A friend of mine had some old family jewellery re-fashioned for her and her DH's wedding rings, really lovely and unusual.

I did wonder what would happen to the plastic carnation after the service - wouldn't it have been easier to use home-grown flowers and then compost them? But respect to her mum for sitting there and making all of them grin

yorkshirepudding Fri 14-Sep-07 13:42:41

Message withdrawn

Moomin Fri 14-Sep-07 18:19:06

more's the pity!

totally agree about the flowers. They didn't have to have ones that were flown across the world - could have had wild flowers or something

Moomin Fri 14-Sep-07 18:19:34

and the wedding's tomorrow so maybe they'll be some more pics online at the weekend.

suedonim Fri 14-Sep-07 18:19:34

Aw, bless! I hope they live happily ever after. smile

Moomin Fri 14-Sep-07 18:20:48

Yes, realise I'm sounding a bit sniffy and horrible - don't mean to be. Wholeheartedly support their wishes and the ethos behind the wedding - good luck to them

(it was just the deccies!)

Califrau Fri 14-Sep-07 18:25:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thunderpants Fri 14-Sep-07 23:59:50

califrau - you're so right! it looks like some kind of horror glove for hallowe'en grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now