Talk

Advanced search

green cleaning products

(8 Posts)
Babyramone Fri 31-Aug-07 13:16:25

Hi I at present use a mix of conventional products interspaced with green i.e ecover, vinegar, baking soda etc.
Wanting to move on to all green if possible.
Would like some recommendations esp for washing powder that works.
Also does any one know if Astonish and bar keepers friends are ok.
Also what shampoos etc do people use on themselves. I use halo and horns on the kids.
Has anyone used the NEWWAYS range of products and what are they like.

domesticgrumpess Fri 31-Aug-07 15:14:43

Message withdrawn

zisforzebra Tue 04-Sep-07 20:12:41

We use ecoballs in the washing machine and they are fantastic, much better than the brand name non-bio powder I used before. I occassionally add some Ecover laundry bleach for anything white that needs a pep up.

primigravida Tue 04-Sep-07 21:05:33

Ecover is good for washing powder, washing up liquid, and toilet cleaner. Faith in nature are great for shampoo and conditioner. Weleda do a nice range of beauty products as does Neal's Yard and I like the way Jason's toothpaste tastes and works as well. I love baking soda for cleaning and removing smells (e.g. in a little bowl in the fridge or sprinkled in smelly shoes).

ENJOGirl Thu 13-Sep-07 22:47:57

Hi have you tried ENJO chemical free cleaning products. I use them and adore them, they are 100% chemical free, save time, money, effort and the environment and no more products - EvER. They do products for inside and outside the home (all surfaces) for your body and hair, for your car, decking, bikes, barbie and even your boat! Only polyester fibres and cold water - believe me there is nothing on earth like them.

fransmom Thu 13-Sep-07 22:51:17

any links then? grin

AeFondKiss Thu 13-Sep-07 22:54:22

I used to like faith in nature shampoo, but I find it strips my hair and my dd's hair, feels like straw after I have used it, I am in shampoo limbo now...(not a fan of weleda either... fussy me, orr jasons, or green people....)

I use ecover, it is easy to get and my local health food shop does re-fills, which are cheaper and reduces packaging

my mum just bought the ecover bathroom/limescale spray, I like it, and I don't like cleaning...

fransmom Sat 15-Sep-07 20:48:28

i bought one of those jason roll-on deodorants, only to find that it has a food preservative nasty in it - sodium benzoate shock, is it e211 or soemthing like that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now