Talk

Advanced search

Best Eco/least toxic frying pans

(6 Posts)
Yellowbutterfly1 Tue 10-Dec-19 10:02:24

I’ve been looking for new frying pans and really want something eco and with the least toxic coating. It also needs to be suitable for an induction hob.
To be honest I’m just getting myself more confused. Does anybody have any recommendations pls?

OP’s posts: |
20mum Mon 13-Apr-20 17:32:27

A solution is hideously expensive but everlasting la crueset. Iron, so all l can manage (having wrist damage)is their omelette pan. I use it for everything which isn't steamed. At times l have managed to get the patina which chefs speak of, making the surface as nonstick as a teflon pan, (which l wouldn't use.) Currently, it doesn't have the patina therefore needs stronger rubbing after cooking eggs.

That's why im looking for information on non stick panscrubs . I dont want anything with sponge. Any ideas please?

20mum Mon 13-Apr-20 17:33:36

P.s. the iron pan loves induction, but works with all hobs.

Asdf12345 Mon 13-Apr-20 17:35:24

A traditional cast iron one. Season it well and it will be wonderfully non stick so long as it never sees soap.

Mine was about £4 but you can pay much more, especially if you want a modern non stick coating.

Asdf12345 Mon 13-Apr-20 17:41:50

Once seasoned never scrub or soap, a quick wipe out with a single sheet of kitchen towel or a dry washing up cloth will do.

ForestDad Mon 14-Sep-20 23:11:43

I have had 2 cast iron frying pans (no coating) since before uni. Still great for most things and will never wear out.
Plus cast iron takes less energy to make than steel.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in