Can anyone recommend some skincare products for me and my dd:
Moisturiser for me
Shampoo/body wash for dd
Suncream for dd and me

NannyL Mon 13-Aug-07 15:53:33

waitrose do a nice organic suncream.

actually waitrose do lots of ncie organic products

Jenkeylovesdazzy Wed 15-Aug-07 23:02:35

We use African black soap - as a soap, shower gel substitute and shampoo sub for dd (it is very moisturising so good for dd's very curly hair). It has only two ingrediants, Shea butter and plantain lye (ashes) - for moisturiser we all use 100& pure unrefined shea butter - it has one ingrediant! shea butter.

We get it from akamuti.com - it is amazing stuff and we will never cover ourselves with chemicals again - well worth a try.

Bewilderbeast Wed 15-Aug-07 23:09:30

we use little me baby organics for DS
I alternate between neal's yard and Dr HAushka

Bewilderbeast Wed 15-Aug-07 23:09:31

we use little me baby organics for DS
I alternate between neal's yard and Dr HAushka

EvilStepWitch Thu 16-Aug-07 11:03:48

Hi sammysam, hope you are still monitoring this thread. I switched to all organic products a few years ago after a work colleague was diagnosed with breast cancer. The best moisturisers I have found are Origins (the Dr. Weil mushroom one) or much cheaper but equally as effective is Neal's Yard Jasmine Day Cream.

Check out Green People for sunscreens - I buy Natural Health magazine and they constantly come out top for their sun products. They also do a day cream with SPF 15 which I haven't found anywhere else yet that is good for the summer months (assuming the sun shines of course!).

Shampoo, conditioner and body wash - I use J/A/S/O/N, about £5.99 for shampoo and conditioner, I cann't remember how much the body wash is. Top tip - decant the shampoo and conditioner into a pump dispenser (i use the empty body wash dispensers), it lasts so much longer as you use less than just pouring it out of a bottle.

Hope that helps

sammysam Thu 16-Aug-07 14:52:45

thank you everyone for your suggestions-i'm having a look at them all! They all look so good....now which ones to start with!?

Evilstepwitch-do the suncreams stain clothing? Had some nasty niva stuff for dd which has stained everything-won't make that mistake again!

Furball Thu 16-Aug-07 15:04:36

I'll second JASON stuff - absolutely lovely stuff. We have everything JASON in Rosemary and Glycerine.

With the shampoo I use an old JASON squirty soap squirter on the shampoo bottle, they are the same size neck although different shaped body!

sammysam Thu 16-Aug-07 15:09:09

also i thibk i looked at the green people suncream and was put off as it came in a fairly low spf-would it be ok for my 12month old dd?

EvilStepWitch Thu 16-Aug-07 15:12:11

No, just come back from 10 days in Malta and no stains on anything even white teashirts. Put it on about 20-30 mins before you go out in the sun, let it sink in a bit and obviously it isn't waterproof so need to reapply after swimming.

BTW - Origins isn't actually organic but they don't use the nasties like parabens.

EvilStepWitch Thu 16-Aug-07 15:14:59

Hmm, good question about dd. They do a children's sunscrenn, spf 25 but no higher. Sorry, not sure what the recommendation is for very young children. My step-beasts are older so wasn't an issue.

EvilStepWitch Thu 16-Aug-07 15:17:54

Lavera do a spf 30. Also, look at www.theremustbeabetterway.co.uk/Products/Baby_&_Child/Chemical_Free_Baby_Sunscreen.htm the last one on that page is spf 30+ and is water proof - very helpful if your dd takes to the water.

Furball Thu 16-Aug-07 15:22:47

have you got he a sunsuit as well? you can get them for about £10 in next but saves a lotta faff with cream allover just shins arms and head/neck.

FlameBatfink Thu 16-Aug-07 15:35:51

www.thelittlegreennursery.co.uk

She is an MNer too (not me, so no advertising issues are there?!!?), so giving money to an MNer into the bargain

Furball Thu 16-Aug-07 15:37:26

link goes nowhere flame - is this? it

FlameBatfink Thu 16-Aug-07 15:38:45

Oops

www.little-green-nursery.co.uk Try that!

FlameBatfink Thu 16-Aug-07 15:39:01

lol - yup

motherinferior Thu 16-Aug-07 15:40:15

another vote for Akamuti, lovely firm.

kookiegoddess Thu 16-Aug-07 15:43:30

I love liz earle products, they smell lovely and last for ages. www.lizearle.com

mellow2 Thu 16-Aug-07 15:50:06

I use Suki chamomile serum and I've also heard good things about Spiezia

clorper Tue 25-Sep-07 21:00:22

www.ethicalbabe.com

Some fabulous & totally natural bath time products, though mainly for kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now