Talk

Advanced search

Soft towels

(8 Posts)
almostsunny Tue 30-Apr-19 22:37:23

Sorry first world problems
I'm trying to make small changes at the moment, have changed to eco friendly cleaning / laundry products, green electricity, etc, my husband made a very good point about whether I am going to stop tumble drying our towels ... are they any eco way of having soft fluffy towels. They are quite old towels but I'm trying to resist replacing as they are still fit for purpose

OP’s posts: |
FissionChips Tue 30-Apr-19 22:57:44

White vinegar softens them.

FiveShelties Sat 04-May-19 06:46:51

I use about a third of the amount of powder with a dessertful spoon of washing soda and my towels stay lovely and soft.

Handbaghag Sun 12-May-19 15:18:49

By washing soda do you mean soda crystals? Does the vinegar go in from the start? Thanks

Branleuse Sun 12-May-19 15:28:38

if towels are already hard and a bit worn, I dont think there is much that will soften them. Soft luxurious towels stay like that until they start to wear out and are over-laundered, and sometimes threadbare or worn out towels can be kept a bit softer by stuff like tumble drying, but you cant make old towels soft and fluffy again

FiveShelties Mon 13-May-19 08:55:52

Yes Handbag - I meant soda crystals, I think they used to be called washing soda. I do not use vinegar as never needed anything else.

pineapplebryanbrown Sat 18-May-19 02:08:40

With soda crystals, can you use it only with white clothes or OK with coloureds too?

FiveShelties Sun 26-May-19 07:13:56

I use it all the time except with wool or silk items. My clothes seem to last for ages so it does not seem to be doing any damage.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in