Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there such a thing as green garage clearance?

(8 Posts)
handlemecarefully Mon 09-Jul-07 13:56:40

Lots of adverts in Yellow pages for garage clearance and it is so tempting just to call someone up and have done with it....

but, a friend is laying down a guilt trip on me for considering adding to landfill, and if I am honest I have certain sensibilities in that direction too.

Garage contains stuff that could be reused by someone else, plus a load of old tat too. Really moutains of it. Have neither time nor inclination to sort through / freecycle or ebay. I JUST WANT RID!

Are there any garage clearance companies that sort throught the tat and recycle / sell on the good stuff whilst disposing of the rest?

handlemecarefully Mon 09-Jul-07 16:02:53

Skribble Mon 09-Jul-07 16:04:25

What about a yard sale? Charity shops or put it out front with a big sign saying FREE! help yourself.

handlemecarefully Mon 09-Jul-07 16:07:25

Thing about a garage / yard sale is not sure about welcoming every Tom, Dick or Harry onto my property (I know, I'm a funny old stick)

I've done some charity shop stuff but they won't want the bigger items (take up too much room)

Skribble Mon 09-Jul-07 16:11:23

Some charities will take larger items.

Contain yard sale to front garden or drive only, lock the front door and side gate if you have one.

charliecat Mon 09-Jul-07 16:11:35

The clearance people I know make a small fortune, a large fortune actually, but anything not profitable enough..thats antique then Is burnt in the field. Not green at all.

handlemecarefully Mon 09-Jul-07 16:47:54

Okay I am warming to the yard sale idea....

charliecat Mon 09-Jul-07 17:22:50

Yard Sale/Sunbathing/Sort the while we are here thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now