Talk

Advanced search

Dogs barking

(8 Posts)
Kelsar Mon 17-Jul-17 15:26:08

Hello, I wanted your views on dogs barking.
We own two dogs, one of the lives to bark, he will bark a few times a day and admittedly sometimes more if people are at the side of the house making noise. I seem to think that it is his home - his territory and he should be entitled to bark to protect his pack. It does not go on for ages or minutes it just a few times day. When we are not at work.

I have a feeling my neighbour is about to complain as I have seen him wander out a few times. But he is the only one who seems to have a problem with it.

Firstly I want to know what people would say was excess barking???

Secondly - how do you stop a dog from barking???

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 17-Jul-17 15:31:55

Would this get more responses in the dog house rather than ethical living?

Kelsar Wed 19-Jul-17 18:10:05

How do I resubmit???

Samoyedydog Wed 19-Jul-17 18:18:59

My two dogs bark all the time ALL THE TIME. They start at about 5am and then lots of times throughout the day! The 5am bark is because they want me to get up and throughout the day it's mostly when they are playing or one wants the others attention 😂No advice sorry!

picklemepopcorn Wed 19-Jul-17 18:33:24

Copy your post. Go to dog house and post again. Or report your post and ask MN to move it for you.

Helena17 Fri 20-Oct-17 12:24:56

There are a lot of reasons why dogs bark. Is your dog on a leash or inside a dog house? If your dog's energy is not used up then it can also be one reason why it barks a lot. Funny but true that experts say in order to train your dog to stop barking you should teach it when to bark.

carb0nated Sun 29-Oct-17 11:02:06

Samoyeddog - that's ok if you live in a detached house in the middle of nowhere. Anything other than that is totally anti social.

Ttbb Sun 29-Oct-17 11:05:44

Yes it's your dogs gone but your neighbours house is his home and you neighbour has the right to live without unreasonable noise. If your dogs aren't barking at unsociable hours (let's say not before 9:00 am and 7:30 pm) and for no longer than 30 seconds at a time not more often than 15 times a day that should be ok. Anything more than that and you should be looking at training him.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: