Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Least toxic dishwasher tablets

(9 Posts)
allwornout0 Tue 06-Jun-17 12:15:11

I'm trying to get my family to reduce the number of harmful chemicals which we use in everyday toiletries, cleaning products etc.
I think I have a lot of things covered although doing things with castile soap is proving a little tricky.

What has got me stumped is trying to find out if there is a make of dishwasher tablet which uses less chemicals than the likes of Fairy but also cleans well.

any ideas?
Thanks all

TheBoyWhoWouldntHoeCorn Tue 06-Jun-17 22:16:43

I use these

www.naturalcollection.com/shop/ecozone-dishwasher-tablets-classic---pack-of-25-by-ecozone/?PCode=DSGPESS15&gclid=CLmZgdWRqtQCFU0Q0wodO-sCAg

Or Ecover

I also use just half a tablet and everything still always comes out clean smile

allwornout0 Wed 07-Jun-17 09:09:10

Thank you TheBoyWhoWouldnthoeCorn

specialsubject Fri 09-Jun-17 17:05:07

Lots of lovely chemicals in there , makes an interesting comparison with the standard ones. More organic chemicals but probably just as toxic.

GhostCurry Mon 03-Jul-17 17:12:33

Agree with the "break them in half" tip, that will cut your chemical use by 50% in one fell swoop!

Everything comes out just as clean.

BlueChampagne Fri 07-Jul-17 11:47:41

Break them in half - that's genius! Going to try that.

DameSquashalot Tue 11-Jul-17 21:04:46

I'm going to try the breaking in half too...

aniceearlynight Sun 29-Oct-17 10:57:45

Ethical consumer website gives these the highest ethical rating: en.sodasan.com/dishwasher-detergent.html

Interestingly, ecozone scores more highly than ecover, ie more environmentally friendly.

TheBoyWhoWouldntHoeCorn Mon 06-Nov-17 21:42:57

I hadn’t heard of those anice

They look good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now