Talk

Advanced search

Looking for natural baby plates

(5 Posts)
Fizzyboo Tue 10-Jan-17 18:06:09

Hi all,
I'm on a quest for natural, uncoated plates and bowls to wean my baby with.
I keep finding beautiful bamboo ones or lovely wooden character plates only to read they're coated...
Has anyone got any suggestions?
TIA

unicornpoopoop Tue 10-Jan-17 18:21:00

I was going to suggest the bamboo ones that they sell in Aldi and txmaxx... What are they coated in?

Heirhelp Tue 10-Jan-17 18:25:59

How old is your baby? Have you looked into blw yet? Fine if you have but if not have a look at it.

Fizzyboo Tue 10-Jan-17 18:39:41

Most don't say what they're coated in, just a 'safe coating' at best a polyurethane coating.
Babe is 5 and a half months, I am up for BLW, just looking for a sectional plate/bowl to put the finger foods on really. Gone for a wooden high chair etc. Thanks smilesmile

AppleYumYum Thu 19-Jan-17 13:47:35

I would strongly recommend you don't bother with a plate at all until they're much older! They will pick it up and tip the food out and/or launch it off the highchair.

Just keep the highchair tray clean and put the finger food on there and use one a small dips/tapas/ice cream ceramic size bowl and baby spoon to feed the baby anything that needs spooning, then you can try pre loaded spoons later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now