Talk

Advanced search

Freecycle or different sites?

(8 Posts)
RumbleMum Wed 16-Nov-16 10:45:38

I used to use Freecycle a lot to shift things I'd finished with that weren't suitable for the charity shop. I'm now struggling to get rid of a perfectly good cot and it doesn't look like our local group gets masses of traffic these days. Do people still use Freecycle, or has it been overtaken by other sites?

unlucky83 Wed 16-Nov-16 10:52:23

You could try Freegle - which was a spin off of freecycle. There was some problem with needing to raise money (for charity status in US) or being too controlling or something a few years ago -can't remember exactly.
I find Gumtree good as well - there is a 'for free' section or you can sell it for £1 - I've got rid of things there after getting no interest on Freecycle/Freegle.
(I'm disillusioned with Freecycle/Freegle anyway - people just seemed to want things they can sell on ...or are unreliable...or actually quite rude!)

RumbleMum Wed 16-Nov-16 13:32:26

Great, I'll try both of those, thank you. I'm really suffering at the moment with people either saying they want things and then never communicating again, or not turning up when they're meant to and vanishing into the ether afterwards. Drives me nuts!

Breadwidow Wed 16-Nov-16 13:35:51

If you live anywhere near a British heart foundation furniture charity shop they will collect items. They also collect smaller items for the regular shops - I used that service to get rid of 4 boxes full of books

Ditsy4 Mon 21-Nov-16 18:50:27

LIFE will take the cot if it meets standards. They collect baby equipment and pass it on to mums in need. If you contact the main site they could refer you to a local group and most will find someone to collect it.

RumbleMum Mon 21-Nov-16 23:29:24

Great advice, thank you!

Bourgainvillia Fri 16-Dec-16 18:12:25

Just try gumtree it works for me if i want to shift something.

Otherwise some charity shops ofc

pithivier Fri 16-Dec-16 19:36:11

We use a site called Freely Wheelie. I have got rid of loads through them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now