Talk

Advanced search

Recycling Kids Clothing

(4 Posts)
EB117 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:31:28

Hi,

Just wondering what the best way is to get rid of kids outgrown clothing ? I've seen that H&M have a recycling scheme is this more sustainable than donating to a charity shop?

Thanks

logfiresspit Mon 18-Apr-16 11:51:03

If it's wearable then I'd give it to a charity shop/friends/refuge.
Our local Oxfam either sells stuff that's given, or if it's unwearable, they sell it for rags - which is what I imagine H&M do too.

Ditsy4 Sun 17-Jul-16 10:00:52

Give it to a Sally Army shop. They keep their prices low to serve the community. I know because one of the ladies told me. I use the one near school for costumes. They even give me a discount.

LunaLoveg00d Sun 17-Jul-16 10:06:02

Oxfam will sell what they can, anything not good enough for selling is sent to be recycled. All stores have different standards - I volunteer in one where we are swamped with donations and are very picky, other stores put everything on sale.. Everything which goes in hte rag bag is sent to be sorted again, it either gets sold on to merchants who sell it in eastern Europe or Africa, or gets recycled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now