Talk

Advanced search

What to do with an old cast iron bath (not a pretty one).!

(6 Posts)
ppeatfruit Wed 14-Oct-15 12:08:36

So (due to having a new bathroom put in) we have sitting in our garden in front of our kitchen front door, A full size 70s style, ugly pinkish colour bath which is almost impossible to move. I wanted to make it a pond liner but it won't go down to the place where there is a prepared hole. Me and our artisan have tried pulling and pushing it, dh and neighbours are not fit enough to help to move it.

What would you do? Thanks in advance grin

ChilliAndMint Wed 14-Oct-15 21:35:03

Don't you have "tatters" in your neighbourhood? I have no problem getting rid of anything metal. I know prices had gone down o late..listen out for the rag and bone " any iron"..

ppeatfruit Thu 15-Oct-15 13:53:54

No, I wish, we have to take big stuff to the 'dechetterie' we're in France, it's so heavy, too much for us to get on a trailer. Our workman's brother has back trouble and they got it downstairs so I'm feeling guilty!

Thanks for answering btw. I reckon I've worked out a better way to catch rain water from our barn roof (it has no guttering) It'd be easier to get it there and it would be hidden!

Bourgainvillia Fri 16-Dec-16 18:05:39

Give it away for scrap its heavy and worth a bit of cash for christmas lol

sizeofalentil Fri 16-Dec-16 18:07:48

Do youknowanyone with horses who might want it for troughs?

SixtiesChildOfWildBlueSkies Fri 16-Dec-16 18:22:25

Could you fill it with soil/compost and use it as a very large planter? If you stood some other pots of varying sizes around it - to break up the line of it, as it were - it would look fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now