Talk

Advanced search

Recycling potties and toddler toilet seats. Charity shop or recycle the plastic?

(7 Posts)
greenhill Tue 22-Sep-15 13:48:52

I know it's a silly question but would you buy a used potty or toddler trainer toilet seats from a charity shop?

I'm clearing cupboards and all the cot stuff such as bumpers, blankets, throws can be donated/ reused.

But, I'm wobbling about throwing away perfectly clean and useable toilet training stuff into the recycling bin.

After all it can be bought for only a few pounds new. But I'm concerned about all the manufacturing that has already been wasted on the potty, as it has removable parts, a lid and a liftable seat. And my DM had bought it from a charity shop herself, as a spare at their house, but it soon became a favourite and moved to our house.

Donate or recycle?

Bejeena Sun 11-Oct-15 20:45:25

I would buy a used potty why on earth not?

MrsT2016 Sat 24-Oct-15 08:43:24

Recycle!

MrsT2016 Sat 24-Oct-15 08:45:23

I actually meant donate. Sorry. For me I view donating as recycling as things get another life. Lol. I confused myself there grin

BlueChampagne Fri 06-Nov-15 21:47:47

Freecycle?

ncforthe1000thtime Thu 12-Nov-15 13:53:12

I too (already second hand) potette seat to charity shop - no idea if they tried to sell it or not.

Pointlessfan Tue 24-Nov-15 14:03:06

Yes I would. What about giving them to the women's refuge? They always need baby things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now