Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone answer some questions about my Bokashi buckets?

(3 Posts)
Walkinginfog Sun 08-Feb-15 10:12:06

I have had them for just over 2 weeks now. The instructions that came with them were brief to say the least, so I'm hoping I can get some advice here.
I have now just about filled up the 1st bucket (not sure if I'm supposed to really ram everything down?), and it all looks exactly the same as when it went in, and there's been no liquid to drain off at all. The buckets are in an outhouse, and obviously its been very cold - is this a problem? I could possibly find space for 1 of them in the kitchen, if necessary, but not both.
Also, is it OK to add liquid things (eg. soup, yoghurt), and uncooked dried food (such as uncooked rice - not that I would normally throw this away, but we spilled some)?
Another question, I'm really not sure how much of the 'bran' stuff I should be using. So far, I've sprinkled it over each layer - so about half a scoop per day - is this enough?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

UniS Sun 08-Feb-15 10:15:17

Cold weather will slow things down.

Walkinginfog Thu 12-Feb-15 10:33:10

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea how long I should wait before its safe to tip it on the compost heap?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: