Talk

Advanced search

Best DIY laundry detergent?

(6 Posts)
ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Mon 10-Nov-14 11:00:05

Has anyone got a recipe they could recommend for a DIY laundry detergent please? I find a lot of the websites really confusing...I'm looking for a nice, basic powder or liquid that I can make myself with no nasties in it....I was thinking I could try to scent it myself too...does anyone do that?

Airborne Mon 10-Nov-14 17:54:57

Have you tried Soapnuts? Check this out:
soapnuts liquid detergent
I've made it before but it only keeps for so long in the fridge, maybe 3-5 days. You can freeze it too though if you want it to last longer. However, after trying this I found it far easier just to use the soapnuts in the muslin bag. It seemed like an extra unnecessary step IMO

Airborne Mon 10-Nov-14 17:57:23

PS - I tried scenting it and it worked better scenting the liquid with essential oils than scenting the bag with soap nuts in it. I try scenting the muslin bag with essential oils before I chuck it in machine with the load and it seems that no matter how many drops I use no scent remains.

ClawHandsIfYouBelieveInFreaks Mon 10-Nov-14 18:01:53

Thanks Air but I'd rather not use soapnuts. I've never heard that many good reports and I wanted to make my own liquid or powder....

McFox Wed 12-Nov-14 18:03:27

Give laundry gloop a go - just google it - a few people on here rate it and it's easy to make.

Rattitude Wed 12-Nov-14 18:10:57

Here is another tried and tested (not by me!) recipe on this website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now