Talk

Advanced search

Washable panty liners

(9 Posts)
Happygolucky009 Sat 10-Nov-18 10:20:42

Anyone use these? If so which ones? How many do you own and how do you wash them?

posthistoricmonsters Fri 28-Dec-18 14:05:36

Cloth sanitary protection? Yes!
I haven't counted. It's a personal preference anyway, and you buy different absorbency pads.
Rinse under a tap initially and chuck in with other laundry.

MnerXX Fri 28-Dec-18 14:10:43

I bought a couple but they move about. Not sure if I am doing something wrong...?

TimeIhadaNameChange Sat 26-Jan-19 10:15:09

I started with 8, on the basis my periods last five days but I've got a couple spare for accidents and just-in-case days (before I come on) and I only do a wash once a week, so I was covered. Bought a few extra, of differeent types, so have about 15 now. Can't remember wheree I got most from but some were from Cheeky Wipes.

If they're badly soiled I rinse them out in the sink but otherwise they just go into the wash with the clothes.

WhataLovelyPear Sat 16-Feb-19 15:54:09

I bought one on Etsy. I really like it as it's very comfortable and only once have I had it move around. I meant to buy some more but it was quite expensive and I'm wondering how many period years I have left!

bellinisurge Sat 16-Feb-19 15:57:53

Menopausal. They are great.
Dd hasn't started her periods yet but is up for considering cloth. Obviously her choice.

zucchinieggplant Sat 16-Feb-19 16:04:03

I've tried the imse vimse liners which are ok, though bulky and I worry about how warm they might be in the summer. I bought them ages ago and hated them the first time I used them, but been trying them again this week and finding they aren't as bad as I had initially thought. They have a sort of fleecy back so they don't move about, though might not stand up to a 10k run!
I keep meaning to try a cup and will get around to buying one, eventually...

OhHolyJesus Sat 16-Feb-19 18:16:22

I have a tulip cup, Cheeky wipes pads and have just got their period pants delivered this week.

The cup is ok but I don't think the easiest to get along with! The pads are fine, wash well if on low setting and the pants I've yet to try.

I'm happy to put up with a little inconvenience for the sake of having no plastic periods and overall it's been an easy switch to make.

WhatNow40 Sat 16-Feb-19 20:40:38

I use washable pads, I got a pack of 8 from Amazon. I use a moon cup so these are just for leaks and very light days. That gets me through each cycle. I put them in a net washing bag and throw them in the wash together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »