Talk

Advanced search

Danielle Lloyd selecting her babies gender

(63 Posts)
Zeelove Fri 15-Dec-17 17:34:43

What does everyone think about it? I think, if she has the money why not? http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/danielle-lloyd-divides-fans-after-11701891

Zeelove Fri 15-Dec-17 17:34:58

www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/danielle-lloyd-divides-fans-after-11701891

DeloresJaneUmbridge Fri 15-Dec-17 17:35:46

There might be reasons not shared with the media or fans. Such as some genetic issues which affect one sex or the other.

Mulch Fri 15-Dec-17 17:35:50

I don't see an issue so I'd be interested to hear why people are against gender selection

Dozer Fri 15-Dec-17 17:38:58

Am sure loads of slebs do it and just don’t talk about it.

Zeelove Fri 15-Dec-17 17:40:35

I think if everyone had the choice, a LOT of people would choose the sex. Especially on the second child

ragged Sat 16-Dec-17 17:44:06

I don't object to gender selection via IVF. I do object to it via abortion, which is what happens instead (a lot). Never heard of this lady before. I wonder if she's publicity seeking or brave to reveal this.

AssassinatedBeauty Sat 16-Dec-17 17:51:00

Gender selection to avoid inherited conditions is fine, but for parental choice I agree with the UK position and think it should be banned everywhere.

It's fairly obvious what the issues would be if it was freely available for anyone who wanted it.

ragged Sat 16-Dec-17 17:53:55

What are you afraid of, A-Beauty? I don't know what you think the obvious issues are.

AnyFucker Sat 16-Dec-17 17:55:57

Why would she publically share this ?

Some extra slots on Loose Women perchance ? Her profile is a bit low these days

EvaBlu Sat 16-Dec-17 17:57:20

The argument against it is that if the whole world did it then there would be a huge imbalance of boys. This would lead to all sorts of problems in society.

So the easiest solution is to ban sex selection except for genetic conditions.

Otherwise you ban just Muslims or certain cultures.

Also depending on how you sex Select the procedures can lead too risks of a less healthy fetus or child.

AssassinatedBeauty Sat 16-Dec-17 17:59:44

I'm not "afraid" of the issues. It's fairly obvious to me that many people would use elective sex selection to favour boys, as has happened in China and India. That would have the effect of devaluing girls, of reinforcing the idea that girls/women are lesser.

ragged Sat 16-Dec-17 17:59:46

In countries with strong male preference, there already IS an imbalance due to selective sex-linked abortions. sad I'd prefer them to have easily available IVF to prevent all those abortions.

AfterSchoolWorry Sat 16-Dec-17 18:00:05

I have no problems with it!

KenForPM Sat 16-Dec-17 18:01:21

ragged there are many serious genetic conditions that only affect one gender, eg haemophilia, Duchenne muscular dystrophy etc that are usually fatal. They affect mainly boys, there are some that affect girls but not many are as fatal.

ragged Sat 16-Dec-17 18:01:30

IVF is horrible. Just horrible. I much wanted girl for last child but I wouldn't have done IVF to ensure it. Just no way I'd put myself thru it for that reason. Folk are complicated about what extremes they'll go to.

I even considered egg-donating for a cousin who had had failed IVF. I'd do that for my infertile cousin... but not full IVF to get my own girl.

OlennasWimple Sat 16-Dec-17 18:02:39

I don't know why someone would choose to share this, unless (scratching the bottom of the barrel here) it was part of a campaign to raise awareness of a rare genetic disorder that affects only males or females

AssassinatedBeauty Sat 16-Dec-17 18:06:11

Why is having IVF better than having an abortion?

MrsDoyleFallingOutTheWindow Sat 16-Dec-17 18:11:12

Obviously it leads to population problems but tbh I've kind of assumed that celebs and other super rich have been doing this for years (loads of boy/girl twins etc).

DaisysStew Sat 16-Dec-17 18:13:03

But it's not for genetic reasons, she already has 4 sons and has said that she's doing it because she wants a daughter.

Each to their own but it just seems really shallow to me. And I agree that the only reason she "shared" the news is for publicity.

PersianCatLady Sat 16-Dec-17 18:15:24

Didn't Victoria Beckham have sex selective IVF when she had Harper??

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Sat 16-Dec-17 18:16:14

It’s sex selection, not gender.

Movablefeast Sat 16-Dec-17 18:17:45

China is having big problems due to the One Child policy that was in place for decades (now revoked). By various means (abortion, infanticide, abandonment) female babies were rejected in large numbers for a male child for cultural reasons. The result is there are literally millions of missing females and in the under 40s especially a large imbalance between men and women. This is already causing problems as you can imagine when many men have no hope of finding a partner or marrying. With a much larger group of single men there is more risk of using them for larger armies as a form of controlling unrest.

lollipop7 Sat 16-Dec-17 18:20:13

@DaisysStew I agree.
Entirely

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Sat 16-Dec-17 18:22:44

How can they tell the sex during ivf?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: