Talk

Advanced search

Is my mum childish or is there more do you think?

(2 Posts)
pinkberry7258 Mon 20-Mar-17 10:45:50

My mum text looking to call over to see my son over the weekend and I agreed. A few hours before she was to call I suddenly started getting the usual pre labour symptoms at 39 weeks sorry if tmi diarrhoea and vomitting so I text her to cancel told her I suddenly felt really off and all I wanted was my bed at that point and could we do another day. She text back with just the word ok no hope you feel better or take it easy or I understand. Another incident I had was I asked my dad to help me with tiles for the kitchen so I went to pick him up and said to mum do you want to go too. She said no so myself and my dad went off to get the tiles and then he brought me for lunch something we rarely do. My mum wouldn't talk to us when we got home.
We invite her out to our house but because she doesn't drive she won't come out unless either me or my husband will pick her up and drop her home we live on a bus route that goes past her house. I ask her to stay in our house all the time she'd have her own room with ensuite but she won't stay even when I had to go in for an operation she suggested I leave my son at hers for a week even though he'd miss school. She throws digs about how my mil who 15 years older then my mum sees my son even though mil doesn't drive she gets the train out in order to spend time with him and will stay overnight in our house if needs be. She gives out about my dad if he's on the phone to his sister for too long or she moans about how he went out for an hour by himself and didn't ask her. I'm really struggling as I feel I need to say something

LoriD Tue 21-Mar-17 23:01:07

My mil is exactly like this we ask her if she wants to go out for dinner and she will say no. But when we come back it will be all ' why didn't you bring me anything in'. Or if I let her down last minute she will just reply ok aswell, because she's annoyed at me that's why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now