Advanced search

Contact centres

(8 Posts)
ChildCustodyIssues Sat 02-Jan-16 18:49:08

I was speaking on another thread and it got deleted..... In 2013 I was told to pay £2000 to see my daughter in a contact centre, I did not have that money, 8 months later I had sourced some money and went to the contact centre and was declined as there was no ongoing plan for contact or an exit plan.... I complained to Cafcass and as a result they refused to deal with my child.....

Screamingcats Sat 02-Jan-16 18:54:02

I don't know if this will apply, but if you have no money you should apply for legal aid and go through the courts again.

If you are unable to get legal aid for court, you can apply for family mediation. The mediators are usually quite good at helping to set up contact arrangements too.

ChildCustodyIssues Sat 02-Jan-16 19:05:49

Apologies I forgot to mention in November 2013 the guardian got a draconian 91 (14) put on me for 5 years so pre me discovering there was to be no contact.... And the father has a restraining order on me and I am not allowed to contact him directly and also means we can't do mediation :-(

Taylor22 Sat 02-Jan-16 19:09:18

Is the child in the care of the father or the state?

Legal aid does not depend on finances anymore.

ChildCustodyIssues Sat 02-Jan-16 19:13:34

She is with the father and I haven't seen her for in excess of 28 months.... I have tried taking it back to court to avail....

ChildCustodyIssues Sat 02-Jan-16 19:15:18

Sadly as the Guardian had a solicitor and they both failed my daughter I have no faith in family solicitors anymore so have had to act as litigant in person since 2012

Taylor22 Sat 02-Jan-16 19:19:16

Damn. If she was in care you could get legal aid.

Is there any way for you to send contact to your Ex? Are you allowed indirect contact? Could you write a polite Letter stating that you wish to build a relationship with your daughter. That you understand that due to the extended absence you realise this will need to be done at a rate that is in her best interest.
This may begin with letters, phone calls or Skype and grow from there.
How old is she? The contact all depends on her level of understanding and the time she will be able to spend away from her father.

ChildCustodyIssues Sat 02-Jan-16 19:31:02

She is 7 and now hates me.... I sent her a phone in May and she called me once but phone was returned to me, I sent the phone/Christmas presents with an ex friend of mine and daughter said she was too young for phone but my ex friend talked her into keeping to call me at Christmas but I haven't heard anything from daughter yet..... I haven't called the phone as I don't want it returned again.... I can mail daughter things but not contact her father....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: