Talk

Advanced search

How do I word something like this? (Warning sexual assult)

(5 Posts)
Wookiecookiewookiw Sun 27-Dec-15 19:08:06

My best friend was very recently sexually assulted and i'm the only person that knows (other than police and some imediate family)
Her DP has been away with family over the Christmas period, not back till after New Year. (They don't live together)

She has just asked if I would tell her DP.
She's asked I message rather than call and do it tomorrow.
I've never met DP and never been good with words.
I am really struggling with knowing just what to say and would really appreciate some help

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Sun 27-Dec-15 19:11:08

Wow, that's some ask.

Has she said why she wants you to tell him?

Can the police or one of her family who actually know the bloke not do it instead?

Branleuse Sun 27-Dec-15 19:11:27

i think its probably inappropriate for you to do it. If you think you really should then you need to ask her what she wants you to say, but I cannot understand why she would ask you to do it, especially if youve never even met her partner?

Wookiecookiewookiw Sun 27-Dec-15 19:22:25

I don't know, she's not particularly close to family
I've the one who was with her at the hospital and police station and staying with her since it happened.
Even though I've never met Dp we know a lot about each other and have each other on social media.

She just said she wants him to know, he obviously suspects something as she hasn't been herself

I just don't know what to say

Ragwort Sun 27-Dec-15 19:28:08

I agree that it is totally odd and inappropriate for you to do this - and why would she want you to message him rather than speak to him direct?

It's a very difficult situation but I think perhaps it would be better for you to suggest you are with her when she tells him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now