Advanced search

Known 'flasher' in neighborhood!!

(9 Posts)
dycey33 Sat 16-May-15 16:08:53

There is a man just moved into our street, he has been charged twice (!) with flashing himself at children! Not only do we live in an area full of families with young children, but we live OPPOSITE the primary school!!
I myself, was sexually assaulted by an older man (when I was very young), who had was also a 'flasher' I know they can 'graduate' !
But I'm not sure where to go, who to complain to...etc as this never should have happened! As far as I know, the house is rented.
Can anyone help?

Seriouslyffs Sat 16-May-15 16:24:04

How do you know this is true? Not 'challengingly' and in fact whether it's via local gossip or you can see a report online my advice would be the same- call 101 and ask for confirmation and advice. I would imagine there's more to the story.

JoanHickson Sat 16-May-15 16:28:55

Just care for your child for now. Has he been reported in the press as being charged?

dycey33 Sat 16-May-15 16:31:19

Its my friends second cousin sad

RightSideOfWrong Sat 16-May-15 16:34:11

If you're certain that your information is correct, you can alert the police. It may be that there are no restrictions on his movements, though, and in that case there is nothing that you can legally do other than keep your own children safe.

Seriouslyffs Sat 16-May-15 18:55:26

I would also alert the police. Even if it's not true they need to know this information is 'out there' before the pitch fork wielding locals descend.
If it is true they can keep an eye on him/ let him know they are aware of him.

TryingtobePrepared Sat 16-May-15 19:40:45

You can make an application for disclosure under Sarah's law to your local police, this doesn't mean they have to disclose but they do have to look into your reasons for asking is are they genuine concerns and act accordingly. So it doesnt matter if its true or not you dont have to prove concerns, you just have to genuinely have concerns.

Another option is to talk to the police liason officer for the school or the safer neighbourhood team. Its only in certain circumstances that people with sexual convictions can be required to move, but the police team managing the registered sex offenders in your area are likely to be interested especially if he's known to police previously. I worked until recently in criminal justice with sex offenders.

May also get blasted for this but you could think about talking to your kids, not about him specifically but just in general terms, private parts are private and if anyone shows you theirs tell a grow up sort of level. Most sexual abuse is as people known to children so stranger danger is a bit misleading.

I'm so sorry you went through what you did as a child and hope you feel able to do something to both address your own concerns and any further potential victims.

Zebulon2002 Sun 07-Jul-19 18:49:53

Contact the community police for advice. Tell them you heard s rumour that as a parent you are concerned by

FawnDrench Mon 22-Jul-19 20:59:23

Zombie thread over 3 years old

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »