Advanced search

WWYD - illegal subletting

(5 Posts)
sashh Sun 09-Dec-12 06:49:14

I get those envelopes. I have no right to buy my property.

ClareMarriott Tue 04-Dec-12 15:53:45

Sorry , but if you purchased a property from him and that sale went through as per normal, what concern is it of yours what he does with the rest of his property portfolio? If you do not have an address for him, can you pass the letter back to the estate agent or managing agent. Sorry, but I just would'nt get involved

babyphat Mon 03-Dec-12 22:17:29

No, sorry, different property. Ours has always been privately owned - by him for 15 or so years and another couple before that.

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 03-Dec-12 21:28:50

I'm confused. How does he have a RTB discount on a property that you have already purchased from him?

babyphat Mon 03-Dec-12 21:26:52

So, moved into new place a few months back. The bloke we bought from and his son have a bit of a property portfolio and rent them out. He didn't bother getting mail redirected and we have a letter to him telling him that his right to buy discount is up to 70k. (this was on envelope, didn't open!)

It is def addressed to him, not someone else c/o the address. The guy owned the place we bought and lots of other properties. He is not short of a bob or two. AIBU to not want him to be holding a tenancy he doesn't need and potentially (given he's a landlord) making a profit from it, when someone in housing need could have it?

Or am I just bitter? WWYD? Call the housing association?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now