Talk

Advanced search

Would you read it?

(8 Posts)
sssshhhhhhhh Sun 11-Nov-18 23:14:53

On amazon kindle would you read a book that was set out as chapters.

So book one would be chapter one approx 5000 words. The the same very so on. Only looking at selling them for 20p a chapter? Just want to keep it flowing instead of throwing the whole book in there.

pippistrelle Mon 12-Nov-18 09:49:37

Probably not, to be honest.

I'd be concerned that I'd never find out the end of the story. Plus, if I'm reading something I want to read it all on my own schedule, not someone else's.

sssshhhhhhhh Mon 12-Nov-18 16:32:38

Yea that's true ::
/

ScreamingValenta Mon 12-Nov-18 16:36:50

No, I wouldn't. I prefer to read books continuously, and even if I waited until they had all been issued, it would be a nuisance to have 20 or so 'chapters' to open and close on my Kindle.

You could offer chapter one separately as a freebie to attract potential readers, maybe?

chemenger Mon 12-Nov-18 16:43:59

No. Too much faff with multiple downloads. I might consider it for a very favourite author, Terry Pratchett could possibly have pulled it off.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Mon 12-Nov-18 16:47:38

No, faffing about, repeat paying and downloading. It's enough of a faff to download library ebooks to my Kobo as it it, and theyre free.

seven201 Mon 12-Nov-18 17:15:22

No way. Far too faffy.

sssshhhhhhhh Mon 12-Nov-18 22:23:04

Well I won't be doing that haha thanks for the input guys

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: