Talk

Advanced search

Kobo - so frustrating

(7 Posts)
JLG19 Sun 23-Sep-18 19:51:43

I absolutely hate the faff of updating my kobo. The software is shit and not user friendly. Without fail, every time, it tells me it's updated but when I unplug the kobo from the PC, the books are not on it. So frustrating.

Is it just me? Are other ereaders better?

sleepismysuperpower1 Sun 23-Sep-18 20:15:01

i have a kindle and its really easy to use, haven't had to faff updating it since i got it 4 years (ish) ago x

JLG19 Tue 25-Sep-18 10:39:05

Thank you smile

mumonashoestring Tue 25-Sep-18 10:42:11

I just put the Kobo app on my tablet (free from the Google Play store) - much easier and quicker.

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Tue 25-Sep-18 10:47:49

I have a Kindle too and haven't had any trouble with losing books or anything. I would rather not be inextricably linked to the almighty Amazon but for ebooks is really is the most convenient. I used to have a Sony reader and it was far more fiddly.

riviana Wed 21-Nov-18 21:18:16

I have a Kobo.I did have that problem years ago with my first one, but stopped connecting it to my laptop via wifi, and actually did it myself and that stopped the problem.

I only upgrade the software if there seems to be a problem with the it e,g. the Kobo icon won't appear on my laptop. The Kobo Aura H2O I am using now is nearly a year old, and I don't think I've touched the software since I first installed it.

Have you taken it back to the seller? I had the Kobo Aura One which had problems and I had to return. The shop replaced it without a quibble.

AmIbeingTreasonable Tue 22-Jan-19 07:06:29

I've had a Kobo Glo for several years, don't think I've ever updated the software.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: