Talk

Advanced search

Kindle paperwhite

(18 Posts)
fairybells Thu 14-Dec-17 09:44:18

I have the old normal kindle and I've been think my about getting the paperwhite but not sure if it's worth the upgrade? I almost bought it on Black Friday sales when it was £80 but then decided not to. Since then regretted it and now it's on sale for £95 and again thinking is it worth the money? Compared to the normal kindle? Should I wait and see if it was even cheaper after Xmas or is this a good price for it at £95?

dementedpixie Thu 14-Dec-17 09:46:03

Kindle paperwhite is much better as you can read it in the dark without a separate light. Don't know if its a good price or not as I got the voyage as a present (similar but pricier than the paperwhite)

fairybells Thu 14-Dec-17 09:47:23

Is the light the only difference between the two?

llangennith Thu 14-Dec-17 10:10:48

I didn’t like my original kindle and eventually (and a bit reluctantly) bought the paperwhite when it was on offer.
I love it!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 14-Dec-17 10:13:09

I love my paperwhite. I didn't want to get a touch screen one (i had one of the old keyboard ones) but when it broke I had no choice. Best purchase ever. I can read in bed without annoying DH with the light, and it doesn't hurt my eyes like a phone or iPad screen does.

Battleax Thu 14-Dec-17 10:14:47

I'm hoping for one. I don't use my kindle much because the old display is so horrible. DS has a paperwhite and it's so much more readable, it doesn't compare.

SoupDragon Thu 14-Dec-17 10:16:32

I love my Paoerwhite and have never regretted upgrading my ordinary one.

fairybells Thu 14-Dec-17 10:20:07

Well I think you have convinced me! The old kindle's screen is very dark and it took me a long time to get used to it so I think I'll love the paperwhite!

Reallytired17 Fri 22-Dec-17 00:21:07

What makes it better than the Fire, for anyone who can help?

Pootlebug Fri 22-Dec-17 00:50:40

Reallytired - it's completely different to the fire. The fire is backlit like a computer/phone. The paper white feels much more like reading a book. Much less strain on the eyes and doesn't feel like reading on a screen.

Reallytired17 Fri 22-Dec-17 00:57:42

Would you recommend over a fire?

I suppose I am struggling to understand it - why the Paperwhite is more expensive and does less - have I got that essence correct?

LemonysSnicket Fri 22-Dec-17 01:07:56

It is worth it. I had the original touch but my DP got annoyed at the light being in so got me a PW it is much clearer and easier to read and adjust.i can read it in the bright sun or without disturbing others in bed.
It’s very good.

LemonysSnicket Fri 22-Dec-17 01:08:42

Oh and it doesn’t stress my eyes.

LemonysSnicket Fri 22-Dec-17 01:11:22

It’s better than the fire because it’s not another blue light, eye damaging , irritating screen. It’s a book with a built in light .

BitOfFun Fri 22-Dec-17 01:14:39

It's hands-down the best e-reader out there. You will love it.

Reallytired17 Fri 22-Dec-17 01:17:43

Thanks! Looks like the Paperwhite it is smile

BenLui Fri 22-Dec-17 01:19:57

I love mine although I’m currently listing after the new waterproof version.

Which I absolutely do not need.

Definitely not.

<sigh>

BenLui Fri 22-Dec-17 01:20:14

Lusting not listing! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »