Talk

Advanced search

How would you cope.

(6 Posts)
11122aa Sun 14-May-17 11:59:34

With the Likely ban on E readers in the cabin of all flights to and from the UK how will people on here cope. Will you risk them in your hold luggage and just read a book on the Plane or not take it at all and just read books all holiday.

MadisonAvenue Sun 14-May-17 12:02:25

I wouldn't want to risk putting anything electronic (Kindle, iPad etc) in the hold so I suppose I'd just have to take a book. I'm so used to a Kindle now, I've been using one for around 7 years, and just find books too bulky to hold and to carry around.

11122aa Sun 14-May-17 12:27:09

I expect the E readers companies will probably suffer a massive decline in sales soon.

11122aa Sun 14-May-17 12:30:02

The toughest thing for me would be two weeks with Just my Phone for internet. The hotel I am going to has good wifi but no computers for use anymore.

Taytotots Sun 14-May-17 12:42:09

I'm hoping it won't go through. Although they are considering extending to Europe USA flights they haven't said they will. Currently only six middle eastern countries. If it did i would risk mine in hold. Has significantly cut down my luggage!

11122aa Sun 14-May-17 13:20:35

The times are reporting the goverment and airlines have acccepted it will be announced soon for USA flights and that it is quite possible all UK flights will be done. Apparntley for some laptops they will be allowed to be put in the hold sepreatly but i can only see that for bussines class.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now