Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stupid question about Kindle and reading glasses...

(6 Posts)
laurzj82 Sun 26-Feb-17 01:30:00

I have been to the opticians today and have been told I need to wear glasses for reading. Have never needed them before and up until now have just increased the text size but struggling a bit on laptop having to zoom in to read properly.

I have a Paperwhite and like to read in bed lying down. I imagine this is probably quite uncomfortable with glasses on: do I need to wear them if I just increase the text size?? Will I be damaging my eyes by not wearing them to read in bed?

Sorry if this is a ludicrously stupid question; just wondered what others do? I have obviously been managing fine up until now although I do get a lot of headaches so don't know if this is related!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

OytheBumbler Sun 26-Feb-17 02:03:21

Just increase the text size and make sure it's large enough for you to read comfortably.

ScarlettFreestone Sun 26-Feb-17 02:12:14

One of the best things about a kindle is being able to read in bed or in the bath with no specs on!

lyndiloo17 Mon 28-Aug-17 01:33:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lazycrazyhazy Mon 28-Aug-17 03:00:20

I have to make the words so big to read my kindle paper white without reading glasses that I would be touching the page turn all the time so I do wear them in bed. I buy cheap reading glasses (find out your prescription) from Amazon and keep them all over the house including by the bed. As long as they're not sharp edged they're comfortable to lie down in. Like you I'd never had glasses until I hit my 40s but I'm quite used to it now.

halcyondays Sun 03-Sep-17 22:09:07

I read in bed lying down with reading glasses and don't find it uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now