Talk

Advanced search

Can't delete books from my paperwhite

(9 Posts)
Eve Mon 20-Feb-17 21:48:11

When I finish the books I select remove from device,

They stay in the list with dotted line next to them, not ticks, but I want them off my list and kindle. ( think this means they ar back in the cloud)

How can I remove them?

dementedpixie Mon 20-Feb-17 21:50:50

I think you need to do it via the amazon kindle site on the Internet rather than on the kindle itself

OnHold Mon 20-Feb-17 21:53:26

You have to delete them from your Amazon account.

Eve Mon 20-Feb-17 21:59:52

..if I delete using amazing account doesn't that delete them permanently... I just want them off the device list?

CMOTDibbler Mon 20-Feb-17 22:06:03

You need to select to show downloaded, not all.

SallyInSweden Mon 20-Feb-17 22:06:43

Are you viewing books on cloud rather than on device?

NannyR Mon 20-Feb-17 22:07:02

On your home screen there are two options - "cloud" and "on device". If you delete a book from your device it disappears from the "on device" screen but it stays on the "cloud" screen.

Eve Wed 22-Feb-17 09:55:15

Thanks all.

Would be very useful if read books could be marked as read in the cloud list as they just appear in the list with all the non downloaded ones.

Chasingsquirrels Wed 22-Feb-17 09:58:58

I have unread and read books books folders.
So when I've read them I have to move them to read but they stay in that folder in the cloud (and on my device).
I move all downloaded books to unread when I get them.
Then, as I have a family share thing with DH, the only books I see in the cloud list (out of my folders) are ones DH has brought - which I can then choose to download and folder if I fancy them.

Works for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now