Free kindle book recommendations

(10 Posts)
Johno85 Sun 12-Jun-16 08:14:26

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read

I really want to get into reading my kindle more and am off on holiday in a few weeks time. I've been working my way through the "best 100 free kindle books" (saving for a house so trying to be stingy where I can!) list trying to find some good books. Unfortunately a lot of them are "adult romance" which isn't my thing.

I like all sorts of genres, from thrillers to chick lit to fantasy. Really not fussy as long as it helps me escape the 9-5. Not sure if it makes any difference but I'm female and 30.

Thanking you all in advance smile

InTheSandPit Sun 12-Jun-16 09:52:37

Got to the top 100 best sellers in the genres your interested in, and choose the free tab on Amazon.
Gets rid if the sections you don't want, tho some sections move very slowly.

Johno85 Sun 12-Jun-16 09:59:25

Thanks. Any recommendations?

InTheSandPit Sun 12-Jun-16 13:27:13

There is usually one of James P Summers "Adrian Hell" series for free, which enjoy. Most of mine are quite old now, so not sure what is available. I go in and bulk order every few months, gives things the most chance to refresh.

danne Wed 15-Jun-16 17:07:37

I was unlucky with the free kindle books. Tried two and didn't like them but £3.99 is my max to pay on kindle.

LegoCaltrops Wed 15-Jun-16 17:11:59

Public domain books - anything over about 100 years old. I've read (or re-read) Austen, Bronte, Dickens, Wilde, Jerome, lots of others. Depends on whether you like the classics though.

HappinessLivesHere Thu 04-Aug-16 15:33:04

Bit late to the game but wanted to recommend Mark Edwards and Rachel Abbott. Both write brilliant psychological thrillers are often in the free books. Also recommend joining kindle unlimited.

redhat Thu 04-Aug-16 15:36:20

just sign up to ebooks from your library and download the latest best sellers for free

keely79 Thu 04-Aug-16 15:42:56

You could sign up for a free trial for kindle unlimited - you get 30 days and then can cancel with no charge - then you have a pretty large selection to choose from... You can download up to 10, I think, at a time.

Sonubatra Thu 04-Aug-16 17:47:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now