kindle unlimited

(7 Posts)
itslookingbright Thu 05-May-16 15:29:09

I read quite a lot, I'd say a book per week, I'd read more if new baby didn't keep me busy. Would you recommend kindle unlimited? Not sure if it's worth the money? Not all the books are included and I read that once you cancel the subscription you lose the books you downloaded, this annoys me as I like to keep the books I really like in the hope I'll read them again... But for £7.99 a month this might save me some money possibly? What are your thoughts?

ifgrandmahadawilly Thu 05-May-16 15:41:57

No. I tried it and the selection of books was AWFUL! Fine if you like middle of the road crimefiction, otherwise: Not worth it at all. You're better off buying kindle books you want to read / downloading free classics / using the local library (I think you can actually borrow ebooks from the library, although I've never done this so I'm not too sure about the practicalities).

Spam88 Thu 05-May-16 18:48:01

Are they still offering a 1 month free trial? If so maybe you could try that and see whether you think you got your money's worth? Or even if there isn't a free trial you could pay for a month and cancel, as far as I'm aware there's no minimum term required.

ifgrandmahadawilly, i think lending from libraries is in the US only, although I would love to be proven wrong!

ddubsgirl77 Sat 22-Oct-16 18:03:06

I have Ku and yes had shitty books but also found some great ones and often authors put books on ku for a time.

ImperialBlether Sat 22-Oct-16 18:04:54

I use my library and there's always something to read for free. Sometimes you have to wait for a popular book but they send an email reminder when it's available.

ErnesttheBavarian Sat 22-Oct-16 18:11:26

I borrow books - e books and audio books from my UK library. The kindle unlimited selection is shit. Even with several readers in this house I decided it wasn't worth it.

I can get up to 4 e/audio books at a time and you can choose yourself if you want your borrow for 1, 2 or 3 weeks. At the end of the time it goes back. If you're not finished you just re- borrow it. Brilliant. My dd and I are listening to little women on the way to/from school.

waycat Mon 28-Nov-16 15:50:07

I looked in to Kindle Unlimited and like others have said, I found the selection of books to be pretty mediocre to say the least, and I'm not keen on losing books of my Kindle when I cancel the subscription.

I prefer to make use of my local library, and I also buy Kindle books if it's an author I'm particularly keen on.

I much prefer this approach, rather than paying a monthly fee and feeling tied in to a contract.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now