Kindle paperweight - battery running down quickly

(5 Posts)
NotJanine Thu 24-Mar-16 10:13:12

Anyone else had this problem or know what to do about it?

I've had the Kindle since June last year. Used it sporadically, as I do prefer proper books. Haven't had to charge it much in the past, but in the past week I just can't keep it charged up. I used it the other evening and it was half charged, turned it back on the following evening and was hardly any charge left. Another day, I left it charging for a couple of hours, wasn't fully charged but quite high. Then I was out and went to turn it on and the battery was completely flat.

I've looked this up online and found comments on checking that it isn't indexing, I've checked that and it's all fine.

It's got to the stage where I can't really use it.

VegasIsBest Thu 24-Mar-16 10:23:42

I'm also interested in this as my kindle has exactly the same problem for the last couple of weeks after a year of behaving beautifully. Please report back if you find a solution. Thanks

Footle Sat 02-Apr-16 11:14:05

Why not contact Amazon ?

DidgeDoolittle Mon 25-Apr-16 13:13:05

I had exactly this problem last month. I contacted Amazon and they sent me a new kindle as it was within its year warranty. No problems with them at all.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Mon 25-Apr-16 13:21:24

It sounds as though you have either left a program running or the battery is faulty on your device. Try a complete reset by holding in the power button to shut down and keep holding it until the kindle restarts. Takes a couple of minutes.

A short term solution is to turn your brightness down on settings. Full brightness zaps a lot of the battery quickly.

Kindle have a year guarantee so get a refund if this doesn't resolve before your year is up. It is not worth trying to get it fixed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now