Talk

Advanced search

Missed the boat with Sony

(6 Posts)
Walkacrossthesand Fri 25-Sep-15 22:40:40

I have an (old) Sony ereader which I never registered, so didn't get notified when Sony handed over to Kobo. It only came to light when I upgraded my computer and poof! The reader library was gone.

Thankfully, all my Ebooks are on the ereader - but is there any way of uploading them back into a kobo account? I've had frustrating email dialogues with kobo who don't seem to grasp what I'm asking and keep directing me back to Sony, who don't answer emails.

I'm now even nervous of trying to download any new books onto the ereader, in case this somehow mysteriously erases the 'old faithfuls' I already have on there (I no longer have my reader library of course).

Can anyone here advise?

Walkacrossthesand Sun 27-Sep-15 20:12:18

Maybe someone will wander by in a couple of weeks or so - i see the last post was 13 days ago!!smile

f1fan2015 Sun 27-Sep-15 20:24:02

You should be able to down load Calibre and put the books on your e reader onto your computer for safety before you experiment with your e reader. I can't help with your Kobo question - I am a kindle user - sorry!

MrsPnut Sun 27-Sep-15 20:28:58

I have an old Sony e reader and I have only ever used calibre except for a very few books that I paid for and had to upload using some Adobe software in order to read them.

Calibre is really easy to use and to add and delete books from your e reader.

My current problem is what to replace my old e reader with, because it's beginning to fail and I definitely don't want a kindle.

Walkacrossthesand Thu 01-Oct-15 22:50:28

Brilliant, thanks - I'll toddle off and look into Calibre. I did wonder about just downloading the Adobe 'digital editions' but I've only previously used that for 'incoming from internet' ePub files, not sure if it can take a file from the ereader and put it on the PC.
I know what you mean, mrsP - I wouldn't want a kindle either!

cdtaylornats Thu 10-Mar-16 22:33:26

www.sony.co.uk/support/en/series/prd-ebo-prs-all

You can still download the ereader software - see link above. All the move to Kobo did was link to the store and Kobo have killed that now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now