Talk

Advanced search

Any Kindle authors about?

(5 Posts)
DoALittleDance Mon 30-Mar-15 14:21:53

Just found out my old boss has written his memoirs and published it on Kindle. His life has been interesting to say the least. He;s not a very nice man and we're not on the best of terms.
But..i'm SO curious to see what he's written - can he see exactly who downloads his book or is it more vague than that? I think he's self-published.
Thanks - am clueless about this kind of stuff.

AnimatedDad Tue 07-Apr-15 07:52:21

no, he can't see that its you that's bought the book.
he will know when it was bought and in which country, but that's it.

ive found with my books (the Act Normal series for kids) that I can often make a fairly good guess if I know a friend is buying that day, but only if they tell me they're planning to!

MontysMum8 Tue 07-Apr-15 07:53:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ElizabethDavies Tue 12-May-15 12:13:38

The only way he could ever tell is if you left a review, and even then it might not be clear...
Download and enjoy!

ImperialBlether Tue 12-May-15 12:16:16

You could write a review under another name.

I'm a Kindle writer and I can see when a sale is made - apparently a sale can be withdrawn if the purchaser thinks it's not what it's purported to be - luckily that's not happened to me! I can't see who's bought the book. I can't see who has looked at the book or even the numbers of people who have looked at the books.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now